Battery question

GuardRail-Mike

The quick connect is designed for permanent mounting on the battery' date='

or at least extended mounting, such as all winter long. The advantage

is you can put the bike back together and just run the connector out

under the seat somewhere for quick connection as opposed to having

the disassemble things to get to the battery.[/quote']

Yup. I have this setup on the Monster. So much better than the 30 minute job to get the battery out. Just route the cable to some place you can access easily then zip-tie to something secure. You can see the black/red cable just above the frame in the bottom of the picture, that's my tender connected to the SAE port.

20130210_152538.jpg

The quick connect is designed for permanent mounting on the battery' date='

or at least extended mounting, such as all winter long. The advantage

is you can put the bike back together and just run the connector out

under the seat somewhere for quick connection as opposed to having

the disassemble things to get to the battery.[/quote']

Is there any downside to using the clips all winter? All it requires is for me to remove the seat. And I dont mind leaving the seat off al winter. Or is that bad?

No downside to using the clips unless you have a Ducati Monster or similar. I use the clips on both of my CBRs but put the quick disconnect on my wife's Monster (due to the fact that the battery is a pia to access).

Got it hooked up and everything is working fine.... Thanks every one for the help! Guess my first mistake was reading the instructions :D

just a FYI, your bike came with a AGM battery. which does not need charged up that often. they have a 15 month shelf life (they can sit for 12-15 months without a charge and only lose a little bit of their charge). lead acid batteries on the other hand are about 4.

just a FYI, your bike came with a AGM battery. which does not need charged up that often. they have a 15 month shelf life (they can sit for 12-15 months without a charge and only lose a little bit of their charge). lead acid batteries on the other hand are about 4.

Wow I had no idea, Thanks for the info though. I guess i really didnt need a battery tender then. Oh well 30 bucks for better safe than sorry I suppose.

Wow I had no idea, Thanks for the info though. I guess i really didnt need a battery tender then. Oh well 30 bucks for better safe than sorry I suppose.

It don't hurt. :)

The add on charger "pig-tails" are easy to use and make keeping you bike on a charger super simple. Most (but not all) use the same connector.

We add a charger pig-tail to every new or used bike that Pony Powersports sells.

It is just one of those little details that seem small, but is worth the effort to install once and ALWAYS have.

Negative should be the ground. But not sure I understand the question

or confusion' date=' the tender has a quickconnect cable that comes with it,

you simply connect the black connector to the negative and the red

connector to the positive, then plug the tender into the quick connect cable.[/quote']

YEP.:cool:......it's also good to keep up with one's battery, "State of charge"!. The folks who make the "Battery tender" brand make some GOOD equipment!......no desulfation modes!.....good for Shorai batteries also(Lithium iron).

Edited by frog13