50 on Saturday, ride?

RHill

brandon watch out okay, ryan was a very good and fast rider even before he started doing track days. so let him go do his stuff up ahead. ride safe out there guys.

lol, you dont trust me to maintain a pace do you :o I'd say we kept to the "mundane to moderate pace" I mentioned earlier.....that is until Dave took the lead on 43 and opened it up a little :D

Back home. ~150 miles for me, and surprisingly good conditions out there. Great way to kick off the season.

Thanks for putting this together, Ryan.

I'm glad everyone could make it out! I was surprised how clean the roads were, turned out to be a pretty nice ride. A few degrees warmer and it would be just about right.

Hopefully everyone enjoyed it and the pace wasn't far off from what was expected.

Nice meeting you all!

The pace was about perfect being the first time out this season IMO

Thanks for letting the adventure bike hang off the back for a while.

I hope I didn't cause much concern when I decided to explore some dirt roads.

It was fun but needed a gravel fix. :D

Craig

Haha I was curious where you went, but at the next stop sign Brandon just waved us on so I figured he knew what was up.

Edited by JStump
  • Upvote 1

I was wondering where you were going off to! And yes, I was careful. Too careful. I'm not going to be able to swing directly into thins like I'd hoped. I'm just going to have to keep riding and see if I can knock this fear out of me. Good ride though! Baby sitter was pretty pissed at me lol

• Upvote 1

Been watching the NEO threads. Glad everyone had a good, safe ride today. Family obligations today but I did get the oil changed on the bike and headed out in the late afternoon for a quick 17 mile spin to get some seat time in. Roads seemed really good and had some debris but not too bad. Little bit of gravel in the intersections but being careful did the trick. A couple good rains will take care of it. Glad riding season is back!!!

How's the front end on the Wee' date=' Craig?[/quote']

I'm no expert but a couple times I hit a good bump in a turn the front end was anti climatic and the rear bounce so bad it stepped out. So it appears to help quite a bit.

It did not help when I found a wet rutted hill where the clay acted as lubricant. So I got to pick her up out of the mud :D

The roads I was on following the sports bikes were in really good shape. But I managed to find plenty that were more interesting.

Thanks again for the work this spring Paul.

And thanks for the fun ride guys.

Craig

IMO the snakes were slicker yesterday than when riding the same roads in the summer. It was either the cold or dirt, but I felt the rear slip a few times; something that I didn't feel last summer riding the same roads.

Thanks for the comments abt the video. I cant wait to get a second camera and get out riding again.

Maaaaaan I kinda wanna ride but I kinda wanna put a big dent in getting the new bike ready. Also, my only street bike is an absolute torture rack. Also my tender tender vaginaaaaa

Get any work done on the bike? :)

Thats alot of tar snakes. Is that road slick in the summer??

I don't think the clips directly overlap segments, but these are the same roads. This was the first time I took this route without a group :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jgMyHGNP6I

If the road(s) in question are the usual ones I hit with them last year the tar snakes are pretty easily avoidable. Some reason can't get it to play on the ipad

Checked the settings, I remember there was an option for mobile devices, but I can't find it now. :nono:

Checked the settings, I remember there was an option for mobile devices, but I can't find it now. :nono:

Nice to see you guys finally were able to get out for a ride. Would have joined but had a 700 mile bonsai run to take grand kids home. Vids play fine on my iPad. Holy sham wow! If your shifter would have been a slapchop. You would have had a lot of tuna salad.

Nice to see you guys finally were able to get out for a ride. Would have joined but had a 700 mile bonsai run to take grand kids home. Vids play fine on my iPad. Holy sham wow! If your shifter would have been a slapchop. You would have had a lot of tuna salad.

Keeping the 600 awake while maintaining fuel economy takes a lot of shifts :)

Hopefully there is similar weather next weekend, looking forward to another ride.

Keeping the 600 awake while maintaining fuel economy takes a lot of shifts :)

Hopefully there is similar weather next weekend, looking forward to another ride.

Screw fuel economy, I rode most of yesterday in 2nd/3rd and boy did she sounds good doing it!