WTB enclosed trailer.

idodishez

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind of your fuel consumption with a enclosed, those things are like towing a big sail behind you. I had one less than a year before I sold it for a open trailer. Towing 4 bikes to and from the gap last spring I was only getting around 8 to 9 mpg on the hiway vs 19 to 20 m y truck usually gets, I can get about 14 ish with my open trailer.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I had one less than a year before I sold it for a open trailer. Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

you sold your big trailer! What did you get out of if? I just bought another open trailer, sold the 5x14 and picked up a 76"x16'. It is a beast compared to the smaller one. 1300 lbs empty, other was 800 lbs.

Good luck finding one, I love my 6x14 and still get 12-15 mpg. Plus I can keep my crap in it all locked up.

They're on eBay all day long for between $1500 - $1800 for the 6x10 w ramps and side door, etc. but they are all in FL or GA for some reason.

This space intentionally left blank to avoid offending anyone

The trailer I looked at was enclosed although the also sell open trailers. The roof was only about 5' high which is a plus when towing but a minus when entering. As I recall it was around $1400 but cannot find them on the website to confirm. Another plus was an "A frame" tongue, other minus it seemed to have thin plywood interior walls although I do not know what standard walls are.

I got one off ebay from Downtoearth trailers in GA. Actually made by Diamond Trailers down the road a spell from them....Had it customized and love it.....although as was stated, it does knock your mpg down. I got mine because of my 74 CB750K4, but use it for all my bikes. At VMD, it doubles as a camper.

I have added extra chocks and tiedown rings on the floor.....I intend to add some storage cuboards in the top of the v area.

MVC-302L.jpg

MVC-303L.jpg

scan0137.jpg

scan0141.jpg

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss89/myhondas/TRAILER/scan0141.jpg

This is what a stock unfinished one looks like.....

75e8_12_zps93c777eb.jpg

448c_12_zpscba0877e.jpg

496c_12_zps2c902dc5.jpg

4e4c_12_zps8a0607f7.jpg

Edited by myhondas
additional pics

Can't answer that question....but for what it's worth, it took me a day to drive down and one to bring it back. I have a total of less than 5k in it and you can't touch anything equal to it around here for less than 7K. I checked all over Ohio and nothing came close.

If you want new and don't want to drive to GA look up http://cardinalsales.homestead.com they aren't as cheap as the ones in GA but prob the best deal you will find, but still have to pick it up in IN

Fyi their web site is kinda confusing

No. About twice as much as I want to pay, but thanks.

WHOA...... twice as much??? you are looking for a $1900 enclosed bike trailer???good luck with that one.

WHOA...... twice as much??? you are looking for a $1900 enclosed bike trailer???good luck with that one.

See the above eBay links. They are all over ebay in GA and FL for about $1800. And not a small 5x8. A 6 x 10 w rear ramp and side door. Found one in Indy for $2220 after optional ramp added.

If you want new and don't want to drive to GA look up http://cardinalsales.homestead.com they aren't as cheap as the ones in GA but prob the best deal you will find, but still have to pick it up in IN

Fyi their web site is kinda confusing

Thanks. I can do Indiana:).

Yeah, that website is horrible. Wow:)

ive now had two different 6x12's and one I got for $1200 and the other brand new $2200 direct from the factory in GA

I have a 6x10 enclosed that I am considering letting go. Work,health,family has not allowed us to use it as much as I had hoped. Its currently being used as a garage for the quad.

Particulars-

tires/wheels plus spare/ez lube hubs and brakes all less than 3k miles.

set up for two bikes with baxley sport chocks and e-track

shelf and cabinet in front for gear/tools

Pm me your # or email if you interested and I will send you some pics.

• 2 weeks later...