CHL Question... Address..

shadyone

I hadnt given it much thought till I was cleaning out my wallet tonight. I moved January 2012 Back to Minster. I still have my Dayton address on my License. Does this matter? If so what are the steps to get it changed? Will I have to go through the Background check and waiting period again? Or is it like a change of address for your DL? Bring proof and they print you a new one?

I have the same issue. I just changed my address online and they sent me a postcard with my new address on it and it says to keep it with your license. I believe this is enough because its state issued.... maybe someone has other input.?

Change your address here.

you have 45 days to notify the issuing sheriff.

i don't recall if the DelCo sheriff charged me for mine or not - but you don't have to get a new card - as long as the issuing sheriff knows of the change, it'll be "in the system" and you'll be fine.

You can go into SO and have a new card made with your new address. Take your old one and proof of your new addy. Most are charging $5 for the new license I believe.

That's not so bad. Should I tell them I just moved or does it not matter.

tell them you moved and need to update the address they have on file for you - it's the truth. just don't volunteer anything.

the DelCo sheriff's person that did mine didn't ask "when did you move", she just did 'er up for me.

assuming your sheriff's office isn't staffed with hard-@sses i'm sure you'll be fine.

You need to update your address for it to be fully legal from the way it was explained to me. Not that I would expect it to be a hassle unless you actually shoot someone.

You can either change your address in their records (Free), or pay a few bucks and get a new card issued. All can be done on the spot in about five minutes.