Dying Shadow Down:(

Dying Shadow

No. The turn didn't get you. That straightaway before it did. Too much speed is the reason you blew the corner. I'm not trying to berate' date=' so don't be offended.[/quote']

The straightaway and inexperience IMHO rookies have no business on that road this time of the year.

Dust yourself off and get back out there.... from now on when scouting a road take the first pass at a safe pace especially this time of the year too much gravel out there

Looked like rear washed out on gravel to me, but I'm watching on the phone, so detail isn't great.

There is way too much schmutz on the roads yet to ride hard.

Everybody please cool out, especially you new riders. There have been too many going down so early in the season.

Glad you're ok man. Fuck it, lets go ride Wayne.

It was the only time I crossed today. It was just a tight dipping turn

He texted me few mins ago saying his was going to hospital

when you say that was the only time you crossed today are you saying you have crossed the center line otherdays? how long have you been riding?

Hope you are alright man, don't think I saw the results of the hospital visit when scanning through the thread.

Really wasn't expecting the rear to let go when watching the video. Touch the rear brake?

Glad you walked away, glad your getting checked out!

As for the how and why...he was not on the gas, or did not sound like he was accelerating when he went down. It appears to be a typical new rider mistake...panic grabbed and stepped on a whole lot of brake while target fixating on the lead rider.

Although, this early in the year anything is possible.

Edited by whaler

when you say that was the only time you crossed today are you saying you have crossed the center line otherdays? how long have you been riding?

Not really. had an 08 250 a few years ago. rode a gsxr 600 for the past two summers. Like someone else said, just went in too fast on a blind turn and drop.

sleepy time

Checked out all good...don't remember exactly what I did I know we came on the corner faster than need be, truthfully I thought my speed was ok for the corner.there was no gravel in that turn what so everi checked.I know when I started to lean when the bike cut wide I know I looked at him, I actually thought he was going down then next thing I know was hitting pavement don't remember hitting my rear brake at all tho. I guess we were getting to much into it, I didn't cross the double yellow at all that day I look at it as a death sentence so to speek. But gotta pick my self up, dust her off and fix her up and learn from my mistakes.

Glad to hear or doing okay, all the best and fast riders in here had a tough lesson at least once. So don't dwell on it too much, fix her up and let's do this again, but much safer :D

The positive influence of this forum in reinforcing atgatt behavior helped a ton of people here walk away from the many crashes we see reported here.

However you wrecked is whatever. You know your mistake and I'm sure you'll never do it again. The MOST important thing is that your ok. I know when I wrecked and awoke all I could think about was how soft my helmet was. But I was just as lucky as you, I got up and walked away. Rode my broke ass bike 3 hours home lol. But seriously. Glad your ok. You have about two weeks to get her back together now lol

• Upvote 1

Looked like rear washed out on gravel to me, but I'm watching on the phone, so detail isn't great.

There is way too much schmutz on the roads yet to ride hard.

Everybody please cool out, especially you new riders. There have been too many going down so early in the season.

Glad you're ok man. Fuck it, lets go ride Wayne.

Tried to tell them in their previous thread, maybe now some people will listen. Glad everyone is ok, but people need to just chillax about getting out so early in the season.

However you wrecked is whatever. You know your mistake and I'm sure you'll never do it again. The MOST important thing is that your ok. I know when I wrecked and awoke all I could think about was how soft my helmet was. But I was just as lucky as you, I got up and walked away. Rode my broke ass bike 3 hours home lol. But seriously. Glad your ok. You have about two weeks to get her back together now lol

A roll of duct tape and some hose clamps and we got him home, cold and numb as hell, but safe.

Tried to tell them in their previous thread, maybe now some people will listen. Glad everyone is ok, but people need to just chillax about getting out so early in the season.

Yes you gave us a warning but at the same time those roads are not going to be perfect cars and semi trucks cut those corners all season and throw up gravel, only way to make sure they are clear is to bring a broom and clean the corners you want to really ride.

Just read the corner before diving in. Cut the entrance speed this time of year.

Nobody knows what the Winter weather did to some of these roads.

Even then, some Spring rain could loosen damaged parts and change it again.

Find the line that works, that's the task. And if you think fast, find one to back it up.

It's hard to not look at the bike in front. But quick ignore it, and stick to the road.

Also glad you're ok. Concussions are easy to collect.

edit: I've had more trouble with invisible silt washed on the roads than anything else. Gravel I can see and deal with. The invisible silt gives no warning, and is quite slippery. Common in the early Spring everywhere and after Spring rains. After some green growth, the soil doesn't wash onto the roadway so bad. It likes to collect in dips and puddles at the apex of corners. Both in town, and out in the countryside.

Edited by ReconRat