any nurses/doctors? seeking some medical advice

Steve Butters

So.... 12 days lol? Happy medium?

12 should be fine. I had shoulder surgery on Oct 12, and my stitches came out Nov 6, so that should tell you something right there.

Edited by Pokey

She is doing her last clinical rotation at OSUMC and will be working there after she finishes her licensing

I am frequently at all the OSU hospitals, I help the Bio Med department maintain the gas machines. Not a bad place for her to settle, especially when the new hospital is finished. :cool:

I am frequently at all the OSU hospitals, I help the Bio Med department maintain the gas machines. Not a bad place for her to settle, especially when the new hospital is finished. :cool:

She had a couple of offers but I am kind of a big deal within the OSUMC

So are you an EMT, ER Nurse, Doctor, PA.....

or have you just stayed in a Holiday Inn Express a few times? ;)

It was a Motel 6, thank you very much. :D

I've seen stiches left in for ten days. They had to painfully

be scrubbed to get them out. But, it's not my booger

picker that's all sewn back into something that looks sort

of like a finger.

Edited by JackFlash

It was a Motel 6, thank you very much. :D

I've seen stiches left in for ten days. They had to painfully

be scrubbed to get them out. But, it's not my booger

picker that's all sewn back into something that looks sort

of like a finger.

Motel 6 has bedbugs!!!! :p And somebody having an issue after 10 days like that is rare at best, like I said, mine were in for 3 weeks and they had no problem getting them out. My wife being the expert that she is, says time in has allot to do with the location and the wound channel being stitched up.

14 days. Clean your snips good with alcohol Then soak finger in water for 5 mins or so, pull out of water, dip in peroxide for a few seconds, snip all stiches by the knot, rub neosporin on the cut ends you'll be pulling thru then grasp the knot with clean tweezers and pull out. Rub a lil more neosporin on the area and cover it for the night.

That's what I do anyway. Your mileage may vary

Day 12...just took them out.. Noticed they were really loose and not doing anything anymore.. So I put some neosporin on them and snipped the loops with nail clippers and pulled them out.. Slid right out, didn't even feel it.. Definitely not as bad as expected lol