Riding tomorrow - Epic Ride route

JackFlash

what are some of the roads to watch out for? besides all of them of course haha

Uncle Punk says:

Made it home okay. It was a nice medium paced ride, our eyes keen for gravel/sand/roadkill/good ol' boys in trucks. I'll fab up a ride report and give video of the turns to make it easier for the leads/sweeps. Thanks Jackflash and FIJI for riding around today.

cmXkiE3l.jpg

BMmk47pl.jpg

Edited by Dizzledan

I pulled into the driveway at 7:15. I'm all tuckered out. It was a good day,

but it was a long day. I'm stiff in places where I didn't know I had places.

Thanks for coming with me, Dan and Will. It was good to ride with you again.

It will be an early night for me. I'm going to sleep like a log.

Did you complete the route in four hours?

I've got 3h 14m of footage start to stop, but we flaked on the last 40 or so miles of the ride. I would call it 4h at least. Definitely 5 with grouping up, pictures, pre-ride talks.

The blind turn near the cemetary you were concerned about, is a non-issue because it's not part of the ride route. I've added it in here as stop 'G' for visual reference:

Google Maps

Edited by Dizzledan

I've got 3h 14m of footage start to stop, but we flaked on the last 40 or so miles of the ride. I would call it 4h at least. Definitely 5 with grouping up, pictures, pre-ride talks.

The blind turn near the cemetary you were concerned about, is a non-issue because it's not part of the ride route. I've added it in here as stop 'G' for visual reference:

Google Maps

Something got lost in translation on the ride posted. The route stays on 555 & does not go off on 337. This helps simplify the route & makes it shorter if only by three miles. I know for certain 337 should NOT be ran with a group going north. If everyone wants 337 in the route I guess we could live with it but the route HAS to be ran the opposite direction. I don't know 93 in that area or the other roads but I do know 555 and to a small extent 337. A small group of us ended up on that road last year after we had put in about 350 miles already. We were tired & had backed the pace down a notch. I remember a few curves that caught me by surprise & made me uncomfortable getting through them. At the same pace as described above the questionable curve on 555 wouldn't be an issue.

Something got lost in translation on the ride posted. The route stays on 555 & does not go off on 337. This helps simplify the route & makes it shorter if only by three miles. I know for certain 337 should NOT be ran with a group going north. If everyone wants 337 in the route I guess we could live with it but the route HAS to be ran the opposite direction. I don't know 93 in that area or the other roads but I do know 555 and to a small extent 337. A small group of us ended up on that road last year after we had put in about 350 miles already. We were tired & had backed the pace down a notch. I remember a few curves that caught me by surprise & made me uncomfortable getting through them. At the same pace as described above the questionable curve on 555 wouldn't be an issue.

I have to finish going over the video, I don't remember anything too unpredictable from 337. What you're saying is it wasn't intended to be on the route at all? So the map should read like this: http://goo.gl/maps/hLvNE

Edited by Dizzledan

I have to finish going over the video, I don't remember anything too unpredictable from 337. What you're saying is it wasn't intended to be on the route at all? So the map should read like this: http://goo.gl/maps/hLvNE

Yes, that is the intended route. Trust me 337 at pace going north is too dangerous for a group ride with inexperienced riders. 555 is a stretch for the group but with the two large capacity gas stations at the bottom of 555, trying to get a route long enough to make it worthwhile & not knowing any other roads in the area I didn't know what else to suggest that wouldn't complicate the route too much.

• 2 weeks later...