PSA for the new season. And a lil prayer or two

MidgetTodd

Those are nice but they get left behind by EMS. I'm guilty of it too and I know to look for them.

When we get called out on a crash or other trauma we try to asses, package and roll as fast as possible and just never spend time looking for those on keys and such. Keep them in a pocket of your clothes, not jacket. Your clothes will always make it to the ER with you. Your leathers may get cut off and left at the scene but we cut the clothes of in the squad. Trauma centers protocol is to have you naked on arrival so clothes are cut off in route but left on the cot so keep it in your pockets or I have seen a few times, sharpied on your chest. Can also be in or on your helmet too as we will most always take the helmet with us to the ER for the doc to see point of impact.

On your keys or under your seat will 99.9% of the time be left behind.

If you have an alergy to a drug, rare blood type, religious believe against treatment ect the absolute best is written on your chest with a sharpie.

Gonna move my dog tag given this advice. Thanks.

She is out of surgery. All last reports are she will be ok.

I have to ask. Who's the guy hovering over her the whole time? I'm sure he means well, but after the allergies question "other than pain and fucking up a bike". Really? I think she knows that. :nono:

I have to ask. Who's the guy hovering over her the whole time? I'm sure he means well, but after the allergies question "other than pain and fucking up a bike". Really? I think she knows that. :nono:

Friends joke, in times like that it really helps.

If I crash make sure its a woman hovering over me. Tell me jokes and play some music.

Gonna move my dog tag given this advice. Thanks.

You're welcome. It will never make it to the hospital if its in your tank bag.

If its important enough for the medic or hospital to know, have it on your person. Don't count on friends to relay info either, they get caught up in the moment and forget.

Wristbands and necklaces are great places too. I'm gonna see the necklace when I put you on the monitor and the wristband when I get an IV going ;)

Edited by MidgetTodd

If I crash make sure its a woman hovering over me. Tell me jokes and play some music.

We'll get Honey Boo Boo's mom. She'll ask you if she can eat your leg, "y'know, since it came off and you don't need it no more."

I did not know her, but wish for a speedy recovery.

That did happen very quick.

This, and Todd's info got me thinking I should put some contact info inside my helmet. Most of the people I ride with already have info on who to call if something happens to me, but for a group event or if those riders are not with me, then it doesn't help.

After seeing the bike flip, my next though was " I hope there is no water in that roadside ditch" That would have compounded things even more quickly.

I have what we call ICE badges for sale at my shop. Jess did not have one,but it makes it better in this type of crash. They are $2 each and I had a a charity make them. Its so amazing how much of a impact this can make it a crazy time like this. Please make sure you'r fellow riders can reach your loved ones. It feels so horrible to not tell them they may have to come see their loved ones for the last time. I just want to be able to connect their most important people. Crashing is horrible.....

• Upvote 1

Damn... ain't afraid to pray for you girl. GWS.

On a side note, if that ever happens to me, don't stand around the side of the road and stare at me... get down there in the ditch with me and sit with me. Talk to me. Tell me I'm Ok and keep me from panicking... Just don't fucking move me. If I'm face down, tell me where I'm at and be calm about it.

Just sayin.

As the person who took that video, we didn't just stand around and do nothing. Literally as soon as I put down that helmet we got down in there and talked to her.

At least I took that post as saying we did nothing.

And yeah, please nobody go down on the EPIC ride. Here's to hoping for awesome weather and such things!

Edited by Bitani
  • Upvote 1

At least I took that post as saying we did nothing.

My post was before your video was posted up. Don't take it personally if you were doing the right thing...