PSA for the new season. And a lil prayer or two

MidgetTodd

She is in surgery now. She is one strong girl. We had just installed new brake lines and pads and complete re-build of her brakes. They were in HORRIBLE condition and were like fresh and new for this ride.

Thanks for the update Prez, keep us in the loop. Looked pretty nasty and for those that don't know, Jess is a better rider than more like 90% of OR, and she doesn't even qualify for our d*ck measuring contests, so that says alot.

On a different note, those brakes must have lots of power to flip so quickly, probably setup for track?

Lately, I have been thinking that my next bike will have ABS. In those unexpected moments it's really easy to grab a handful. I don't think a flip would happen with ABS.

ABS is awesome, but some will still allow you to flip. My 1199 has a front wheel only setting and allows you to flip over if you grab too much.

On topic: good luck with the recovery. At least it's on video.

Everyone should learn the lesson to having a working side stand switch, even if it is your race bike. Just tie wrap it into the up position when you remove the side stand and then undo when you put it all back together.

I've read that she recently changed the brakes, lines, pads, etc. Everyone should go test their brakes and front tires at max braking so it will be easier when an emergency occurs.

Chris

. Jess is a better rider than 3/4 or more of the guys on this forum.
and for those that don't know, Jess is a better rider than more like 90% of OR, and she doesn't even qualify for our d*ck measuring contests, so that says alot.

Way to go cat boy, I said 75% so as not to hurt these guys sensitive ego's and there you go out of left field with the 90% smack down :nono::lol:

Check Your Tires!!

This one had nothing to do with tires but I find a lot of people in the beginnig not being able to figure out why the bike is turning so hard or something similar. Always check tires before starting your ride!!

Prayers for a fast recovery.

I've seen 2 "I just wrecked my bike" threads already this season and now this. Here's to hoping this is the end of it. Check your ego at the door when you head out to ride. Nothing to prove on a street ride. Not saying this was the case for any of these accidents, just adding to the original thought of taking it easy this year. I plan on doing a lot more street riding than I did last year and I need to make sure to follow my own advice.

That video brings up a good point. We should either collect emergency contact info for people on the epic ride (or any group ride for that matter) or riders should carry emergency contact info conspicuously about their person.

• Upvote 1

That video brings up a good point. We should either collect emergency contact info for people on the epic ride (or any group ride for that matter) or riders should carry emergency contact info conspicuously about their person.

This needs to repeated. Especially with the amount of group rides that happen.

Since the 90s I have a list of emergency contacts in my wallet...and now my phone under "ICE" option.

I always liked Jess just from the years chatting with her online. Very sorry about this. Hate this happened to her. My thoughts are with you Jess! :(

Holy shit, both those videos were scary as hell! I couldn't imagine the feeling of being stood up by a stand and being forced into the split second WTF do I do now decision. Praying for a full and speedy recovery.

I made up a sheet of contact info and shit I leave on my driver seat when going to track days...that goes along with the info provided to management. I never really thought about group rides though. Could just keep one of those sheets in my tank bag, that would probably suffice as long as people know to look in the bag.

This. I am glad Jess is doing well and my prayers go out to her.

Holy shit, both those videos were scary as hell! I couldn't imagine the feeling of being stood up by a stand and being forced into the split second WTF do I do now decision.

I've thought about ever since 1st began riding. Always been a fear of mine.

Holy shit, both those videos were scary as hell! I couldn't imagine the feeling of being stood up by a stand and being forced into the split second WTF do I do now decision. Praying for a full and speedy recovery.

I know someone else that had this happen to them, and they've been riding the street for YEARS, and rides OFTEN.

I had a few times on the old Hon-duh that I had where I had left the stand down, but I got warned by other riders, or the rubber piece on the stand hit while I was going slow and reminded me to put it up. Thankfully.

DAMN!!!! Glad to hear she's ok. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a fast recovery.

Exactly. I'd even keep it attached to a copy of your health insurance too. That way all information anyone needs is kept all together. Just in case. It also wouldnt be a bad idea for someone to have some kind emergency kit just in case.

That second video shows how tough she is, thanks Brandon.

Think about that next time you think "it's a girl". I know a shit ton of guys that would be screaming like a baby laying there in a ditch with you ribs and arm broke, liver bleeding out and your leg out of socket. You didn't hear a single complaint from her nor excitement. Jess is tough as nails and if you've not met her in person your missing out.

Nice little device I carry that was handed out at a meet & greet I attended for another forum. http://www.theicedevice.com/pages/home

Nice little device I carry that was handed out at a meet & greet I attended for another forum. http://www.theicedevice.com/pages/home

Those are nice but they get left behind by EMS. I'm guilty of it too and I know to look for them.

When we get called out on a crash or other trauma we try to asses, package and roll as fast as possible and just never spend time looking for those on keys and such. Keep them in a pocket of your clothes, not jacket. Your clothes will always make it to the ER with you. Your leathers may get cut off and left at the scene but we cut the clothes of in the squad. Trauma centers protocol is to have you naked on arrival so clothes are cut off in route but left on the cot so keep it in your pockets or I have seen a few times, sharpied on your chest. Can also be in or on your helmet too as we will most always take the helmet with us to the ER for the doc to see point of impact.

On your keys or under your seat will 99.9% of the time be left behind.

If you have an alergy to a drug, rare blood type, religious believe against treatment ect the absolute best is written on your chest with a sharpie.

Those are nice but they get left behind by EMS. I'm guilty of it too and I know to look for them.

When we get called out on a crash or other trauma we try to asses, package and roll as fast as possible and just never spend time looking for those on keys and such. Keep them in a pocket of your clothes, not jacket. Your clothes will always make it to the ER with you. Your leathers may get cut off and left at the scene but we cut the clothes of in the squad. Trauma centers protocol is to have you naked on arrival so clothes are cut off in route but left on the cot so keep it in your pockets or I have seen a few times, sharpied on your chest. Can also be in or on your helmet too as we will most always take the helmet with us to the ER for the doc to see point of impact.

On your keys or under your seat will 99.9% of the time be left behind.

If you have an alergy to a drug, rare blood type, religious believe against treatment ect the absolute best is written on your chest with a sharpie.

Get a meat tag ftw

Way to go cat boy, I said 75% so as not to hurt these guys sensitive ego's and there you go out of left field with the 90% smack down :nono::lol:

I call a spade a spade, like Trm8ILOVECOCK reitterated, this isn't a d*ck measuring contest, ride in your limits and always check ego at the door. Jess's had nothing to do with either obviously as she is one of the better riders out there.

We all exchanged wife/GF info last year at the MS track and always keep contacts in our phones.