liter bike help

ZxHooligan

i would not jump to a liter bike.i would get a new zx6r. the amount of power going from an older carbed to a fine tuned FI'd, will be sufficient. you have to think about the 16 year generation gap you have going on. 600cc bikes tend to make a bunch more power now then they did then.

and im not hoting on liter bikes, i also ride a 00 zx6r and very very much so desire a 2013 zx10r

Is your 00 faired or street fighter

A Busa is the right answer for the situation your describing. Another member ran one at the track up to the top of novice so it can run successfully in multiple arenas.

My personal recommendation is to get a newer 600/750 and ride it until you no longer have any limitations with it. I find no need for more power than my 750 provides, and I've even thought of going back to a 600RR for the fun factor in corners.

Thank you for the advice. Is the diavel worth a test drive just to say you tried one

Yes, the Diavel does not handle like a sportbike. HOWEVER, anyone that says it handles like any other cruiser isn't that informed on how bikes handle. I can promise you that the Diavel can outhandle any cruiser out there. Maybe an XR1200 might give it fits to a degree, but I would still pick a Diavel to race on a track than an XR... Yes, they are that good.

The trail numbers are such to provide a slight bit of cruiser feel, but the bike handles rather well. The feeling in the bars and body position are what makes you feel somewhat disconnected to the road when it gets spirited. A test ride isn't going to give you the feel I am describing. Reason being is that a test ride is going to be after the ride to the dealership on your sportbike and that feeling you just had will be compared to the Diavel.

The chassis is awesome and designed to handle. Even with the cruiser rear tire width. The bike is no joke and makes a VMax and Vrod feel like tanks and feel like they steer like dump trucks...

I sorta have a lot of miles on one... ;)