liter bike help

ZxHooligan

I own a 2012 Zx10r. Ergonomics are not any better than a 600 although it is pretty nimble. If your looking for a better fit go with the 14. The 10 is quick but needs some work to bring it up to the top of its game. First get rid of the exhasust. A slip on with a mid pipe is all it needs because it already has titanium headers. Drop the gearing the bike is geared way too tall and the power doesn't really kick in until 8k rpms. Then get the computer ecu flashed its about $375 and they can add a tune in so no need for a power commander. The flash is necessary because the US versions have been restricted by about 20hp. The flash can also bump your redline up 1000 rpm but most go with 500. Especially if your drag racing you will need to upgrade the clutch because it can't handle the high rpms needed to get a good launch. Ricky gadson did three runs on one before burning the stock clutch out. For your size you'll want to upgrade the suspension. Most guys go with ohlins ttx.

It's a great bike and it is scary fast stock but when it gets modded like above they are just insane.

Edited by cOoTeR

This ^^^

Any newer 600 will be significantly faster than your current ninja. I always thought i needed a 1000cc coming off a katana 600 due to not having the power for a passenger. Then I got a ninja 750 and thought it was perfect in power.

Point is, most people just get a liter bike for the cock factor.(not everyone though)

Have you ever rode a modern liter bike?

954rr was the most recent, but also rode a friends 08 cbr1000rr and it was just stupid fast.

I was just wondering where you get the opinion that owning a liter bike is a penis thing? I'm assuming its something you've read somewhere seeing as you don't have much experience with one. I think its more having the balls to ride one not so much a lack of penis.

I was just wondering where you get the opinion that owning a liter bike is a penis thing? I'm assuming its something you've read somewhere seeing as you don't have much experience with one. I think its more having the balls to ride one not so much a lack of penis.

I have come to reason every time you own something insanely fast, or flashy your penis shrinks by an inch. Your balls do however do get bigger each time you scare yourself. But if you don't use it like your suposed to you grow a vagina. Just my .02.

I'm just curious who conducted the survey to determine the correlation between owning something fast and penis size. Did someone follow guys that own fast vehicles around and ask to measure the dick? Or did they just creep on them and check em out while they were using the bathroom?

A diavel. Very maintanence intensive plus make a terrible noise on the side no offense dry clutch

OK... First, no dry clutches anymore. Second, maintenance is over 15k miles. I can promise you that the old Kaw you own is well below that service interval.

Outside poor education as to what you are looking for, some food for thought.

One, your size...

You are not going to find the Aprilia and even ZX10 to suit you if you feel you are too big for a 600... These bikes every year get smaller and lighter and the Aprilia and Ducati 1199 for example in Euro speak are very small and tiny. Smaller feel than even an R6 which is tiny. The best choice for you on Euro terms if a sportbike is probably the RC8 as several tall and bigger guys always commented how well they fit on the bike when we did demos.

Second, drag racing...

Any of these liter bikes are going to need severe lowering and help in the keeping the front wheel down, department. Also, they are strong and will hold up, but a ZX14, Busa, etc are more accommodating to being punished and then street ridden. Ask on here as to who has the best drag stuff and you will find very few with ZX10s and Aprilias. It was mentioned and honestly, as far as cruisers go, the Diavel is the strongest power to weight cruiser out there. We also have drag racing series down in the south central part of the US and they run like stink.

Third, Ducati...

I'm biased of course. But, this whole BS of egos and douchyness is silly. I'm a Ducati owner and I can promise you that the guys I know that own Ducati are more enthusiast than most anyone else I know. Are there assholes out there that own Ducatis and have egos? Hell yeah. But, the reality is that while they do cost more on average (Not that much more these days due to the dollar/yen value and increased Japanese production costs), most are buying something with a racing heritage. The company is associated with racing more than any other brand. Not like Harley where they promote an image. Ducati promotes performance...

Again, I don't mean to insult, but the bikes you have as a target to buy are not really well suited to your needs. Several examples or suggestions have been made that make better choices than the Aprilia and modern liter bikes like the ZX10. Although, the R1 has the largest ergos of them all and would make a good choice also...

And to make it clear... Dry clutches and service intervals are a thing of the past in the current line of Ducatis...;)

My size is a big part on the liter bike. I am a bigger short guy with a belly. I have a 600 bike size isn't really fitting and an 848 I don't want to be lumped into the Douchy duc rider category. Plus I drag race in my spare time. I'm looking for something with 0 miles on it so brand new basically

That's cool. Us "Douchy Duc" riders don't want to be associated with you. :D

You clearly are not cut out for a bike with character and quirks (Ducati or Aprilia), go Japanese. And anybody who has a "ball and chain" should probably get a Busa because of all that extra weight. ;)

Mary

Well found out why midget rides one because he dances with men and has a tootsie roll for a penis

Actually no. I'm a conisour of women, sometimes a couple at once when the fiancé thinks I've been a good boy. And I was lucky enough to be gifted with a decent penis, I show it often.

I got it for different reasons than anyone has mentioned, laziness and price. I am lazy and don't like shifting, it has enough motor to leave it in 2nd for all of the twisties or the entire track "depending on what track" I do grab 3rd on the back straight at MidOhio. Where as on a 600 you have to use the whole gear box.

Then there's price, mine is an 07 I bought it because HNW had the 08's on the floor with this one 07 left and they wanted it gone. They made me a stupid deal on it to take it which was OTD less than the tag before tax on the 600's. I was there to get a GSXR750 but could not say no to the deal he gave on this. Getting used to a liter bike is work. It will bite you easily. I've seen your bike and heard what you say you've done to it and ill tell you a new 636 will feel like a liter bike compared to what you are riding now.

Actually' date=' he's short, fat and white... like you. I guess we've connected those dots.

Another case solved, my friends. :)[/quote']

Pot Kettle :lol:

And anybody who has a "ball and chain" should probably get a Busa because of all that extra weight. ;)

Mary

I ride solo. riding is my time to get away from things and clear the mist that sits between my ears

Yes. It takes gigantic balls to straddle a liter bike. That' date=' or a small brain. I'm not equipped with either, so I'll stick to my puppy-powered Duc.[/quote']

What size is your multistrada?

Im sorry but what has Ducati's position been in Motogp lately?

just sayin

How's that workin for Suzuki and Kawasaki? Oh, wait... They aren't involved anymore...:rolleyes:

Unless a Honda and Yamaha (which by the way, have put all resources into MotoGP vs other series...) in MotoGP, you aren't doing anything... At least Ducati is still involved and while I think we pulled too many resources from WSBK to MotoGP, we are at least very involved in both top level forms of motorcycle racing in the world.

Plus, there isn't any of the other manufacturers that have the winning records Ducati has in WSBK...

If you think Ducati is less about performance these days, you have forgotten a lot of history.

Dry clutches for life' date=' Bitch! :)[/quote']

There is a company that even offers a dry clutch kit for the 1199. I had a dealer install a clutch cover that had a clear (I assume plexi) cover and you could see the clutch and the red anodized plate as it spun. The sound wasn't dry clutch loud, but certainly a lot louder than stock.

How's that dry clutch on your Multi?:D

If you want to actually drag race a lot and still hit the twisties go buy a zx14 if you get a first gen stretch it 6" to keep front down and a strap for the strip and it will still eat up the twisties. If you go with a new one it has traction control and all the other goodies and is a bit easier to keep the front down so you might not need a stretch to be able to get some hard launches. And inform the ball and chain the bikes will only do 186 just when you bypass the speed limiter don't tell her.

Here's a stock motor Zx10r kicking ass on the strip.

Yep the zx10's are a force to be reckoned with if the rider can get the power to the ground and keep the front down but at the same time it is still easier to take a stock zx14 and go rule the local strip especially if it's a gen 2.