liter bike help

ZxHooligan

So here in the fall or spring I will be buying a liter bike I was thinking about a European liter bike but have also thought about a Japanese liter bike the 2 in question are the aprilia or a Kawasaki and wanted some opinions

I was thinking brand new so I don't have someone else's headaches. I tend to buy other peoples headaches when I don't buy brand new

Interesting. Ive bought dirt low on my last 2 bikes and have inherited zero problems....

Well as far as new...You cant go wrong. I would love to have a new bike and personally I wouldn't care what it was. All liter bikes are fairly equivalent so just pick the appearance you like.

Why you set on a liter bike, and how new are you talking? 636 up to an 848 sounds about perfect to me.:cool:

This ^^^

Any newer 600 will be significantly faster than your current ninja. I always thought i needed a 1000cc coming off a katana 600 due to not having the power for a passenger. Then I got a ninja 750 and thought it was perfect in power.

Point is, most people just get a liter bike for the cock factor.(not everyone though)

My size is a big part on the liter bike. I am a bigger short guy with a belly. I have a 600 bike size isn't really fitting and an 848 I don't want to be lumped into the Douchy duc rider category. Plus I drag race in my spare time. I'm looking for something with 0 miles on it so brand new basically

Edited by ZxHooligan

This ^^^

Any newer 600 will be significantly faster than your current ninja. I always thought i needed a 1000cc coming off a katana 600 due to not having the power for a passenger. Then I got a ninja 750 and thought it was perfect in power.

Point is, most people just get a liter bike for the cock factor.(not everyone though)

Power is not a problem mines been punched and cammes with big carbs plus i ride solo all the time in the seat.

My size is a big part on the liter bike. I am a bigger short guy. I have a 600 bike size isn't really fitting and an 848 I don't want to be lumped into the Douchy duc rider category. Plus I drag race in my spare time. I'm looking for something with 0 miles on it so brand new basically

As far as ergonomics between a 600 and a 1000 your talking mm. For drag racing just get ya a zx14 big enough for you bigger body and PLENTY of power for drag racing.

/thread your welcome

As far as ergonomics between a 600 and a 1000 your talking mm. For drag racing just get ya a zx14 big enough for you bigger body and PLENTY of power for drag racing.

/thread your welcome

I thouht about the 14 but the ball and chain won't let me get one cause of the ability to do 200 on it plus I like curves idk how well the 14 handles curves

"My size is a big part on the liter bike. I am a bigger short guy with a belly" Busa, seems to be a trend for them.

"I don't want to be lumped into the Douchy duc rider category." Meet a few, actually fairly decent about their ego when next to Harley riders.

"I drag race in my spare time" Please dont buy an aprilia then. The ZX10R seems like the contender for you.

"My size is a big part on the liter bike. I am a bigger short guy with a belly" Busa, seems to be a trend for them.

"I don't want to be lumped into the Douchy duc rider category." Meet a few, actually fairly decent about their ego when next to Harley riders.

"I drag race in my spare time" Please dont buy an aprilia then. The ZX10R seems like the contender for you.

Busa sorry not into the busa.

Why do you say that about the aprilia?

Ever thought of a Kawi C14? Lots of 08/09 model years out there for sale at really good prices. Fast.....smooth....powerful....handles very well for a sport touring bike, and will move you along down the road NO PROBLEM. Very comfortable and you can REALLY get serious with a full race exhaust and a reflash of your ECM. I ride with my bags off allot, it really looks like a big Ninja when I do that. ;)

Ever thought of a Kawi C14? Lots of 08/09 model years out there for sale at really good prices. Fast.....smooth....powerful....handles very well for a sport touring bike, and will move you along down the road NO PROBLEM. Very comfortable and you can REALLY get serious with a full race exhaust and a reflash of your ECM. I ride with my bags off allot, it really looks like a big Ninja when I do that. ;)

Never seen one you riding the epic ride this weekend with it if you are I'll look at it and see what I think about it

I thouht about the 14 but the ball and chain won't let me get one cause of the ability to do 200 on it plus I like curves idk how well the 14 handles curves

Pretty damn well. It's dependent on the rider.

First of all 50 cal is over kill 7.62x51 is plenty. As far as reco goes I have been riding 8 years do a little drag racing shorter fat guy who muches on curves yet to make a track day though. My bike is built as far as it can go and also has a lot of miles on it 46k not all on motor it only has 3k on it. Looking to start riding track days once I get a bike that I can take to the track

Problem solved.

Short guy with belly - works

Drag races - works

Twisties - check

cant do 200 - check

Then, there is the Vmax.

Ducati_Diavel_03.jpg

A diavel. Very maintanence intensive plus make a terrible noise on the side no offense dry clutch

Never seen one you riding the epic ride this weekend with it if you are I'll look at it and see what I think about it

Yup....gonna be a sweeper for one of the medium groups, not sure if bags will be on or off yet.

Mine looks and sounds allot like this one, except I have an Area P race exhaust. :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZymgmmAljoM

A diavel. Very maintanence intensive plus make a terrible noise on the side no offense dry clutch

Hey now, don't go start talking falsely now.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/103/9194/Motorcycle-Article/2011-Ducati-Diavel-First-Ride.aspx

" Reach to the ground is unintimidating, thanks to a 30.3-inch seat height....There’s no dry rattling clutch on this Ducati, with a wet slipper clutch delivering silky gear changes. The slipper function works well, much appreciated on ill-advised downshifts..."

Service intervals are not too bad. 600, 7500 and then 15k. That is pretty consistent for most bikes.

Then, there is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqDEyAJLneI

From drag racing, track, twisties and Starbucks - you should be covered.:D BTW, do you still have your CX? I had one for several years back in the early '80s and it took me a lot of places.

Yes I still have the CX its torn apart trying to restore it. It was great to learn to ride on. I've only met one duc rider that wasn't a douche and that's yotaman but I've never met any of the duc riders from here yet. I didn't know that the diavel was a wet clutch thought all ducs were dry clutches

This comment is pure fucking gold. :cool:

I was gonna make comment on that and then realized he just doesn't know us well enough. :D My 1000cc Ducati with it's wet clutch and aircooled lump is probably nothing like what most people think of when they hear the brand name. :p

IMG_0925.jpg