Planning out my next round of mods

Gunner75

Since my plan is to stop smoking, and Im doing far better than I have in the past Im looking towards my next set of mods, in my sig is my current list of mods, Im in the process of making my next set so far I have. Keep in mind not all these are for sure going to happen

Juice Box Pro/Dyno time (uses same software as PC5, and is made by PC, but is more then 130 cheaper)

Steel Braided brake cables in red

Integrated Tail light

adjustable Shorty levers anidized red

Ermax rear seat cowl in red

Ermax tire hugger in red

adjustable rear sets (Fuck Sato @ 600+ Voodoo is around 300)

eliminating the mirrors and going with bar end mirrors or getting a aftermarket set with integrated turn signals

Double bubble windscreen

+2 rear sprocket in red, -1 front sprocket/red chain

No real performance mods other then the juice box pro and some dyno time. The sprocket changes would increase my acceleration and add a little torque.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Im open

Rear tire huggers are a PITA. I put one on my TL and quickly took it off. It made cleaning, tire checks and changes, and lubeing the chain a pain.

Plus 1 on the intergrated mirror turn signals I loved the Chinese knock off ones I got off ebay.

And plus 2 on the double bubble

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Rear tire huggers are a PITA. I put one on my TL and quickly took it off. It made cleaning, tire checks and changes, and lubeing the chain a pain.

Plus 1 on the intergrated mirror turn signals I loved the Chinese knock off ones I got off ebay.

And plus 2 on the double bubble

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I love the carbon fiber rear hugger on my C14, don't have any issues with tire changes, and of course having no chain to lube helps too. :D

I love the carbon fiber rear hugger on my C14, don't have any issues with tire changes, and of course having no chain to lube helps too. :D

Real men have chains:D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

+2-1 might be a little extreme for street riding. I'd start with a -1 and your current chain and go from there.

Why put so much bling on a 650 ninja? Seems like a waste of $ to me, but to each his own.

650 shouldn't need more torque... I'd stick to stock gearing, and keep your awesome fuel efficiency. But, that's me, not you.

I loved my double bubble. Made the ride noticeably quieter. Especially with sportbars. Integrated tail was nice and bright. Other bikers were jealous.

The rearsets felt fine for me. And looked badass! I wanted to cut off the passenger pegs like someone on riderforums did, but the gf would not have been happy...

I just disagree with the sprocket change. You have the airflow, wait until after your tune, and you'll be much more enthused with the torque. I still miss that bike.

+2-1 might be a little extreme for street riding. I'd start with a -1 and your current chain and go from there.

Why put so much bling on a 650 ninja? Seems like a waste of $ to me, but to each his own.

Agreed. But, why bling? It's seriously a comfy bike. Way easy to ride. I wished I had just stuck with it. But, I am glad to have gotten experience on the I-4, and now the triple. Mmm, the triple... :D just gotta get that thing a seat and some grips.

Oh yah, I'm a pussy, and I demand the progrip dual sport grips. Idk part no. 9004? I highly suggest them for commuting comfort.

Edited by RSparky

Yes, why bling? It's a fine bike in stock form. Why spend money on nonsense?

Red chain and seat cowl and tire hugger and what not?

In the end, that's all wasted money. Don't get me wrong, I've done it, but that's why I'm saying this. It's a waste of money in the end and it cheapens the look of the bike.

Now a stretched chrome swing arm, that's some bling!!! :D

I rethought the sproket changes and figure ill just stat with it till it needs a new sprocket all together.

It already has a set of progrip 717grips on it that did wanders for vibration management

I rethought the sproket changes and figure ill just stat with it till it needs a new sprocket all together.

It already has a set of progrip 717grips on it that did wanders for vibration management

Love these grips, my favorite I have used and have them on now. I was a big fan of the Pro-grip 714's until I discovered these.

http://spidergrips.com/spiderg/models/slim-line-slr-for-sport-road-and-motard/

SLR-Solocrop.jpg

awesome on the grips. btw, what's your windscreen mod you have already? a slit to allow a pressure balance? if so, how well does that help?

I just painted it black is all. Its starting to chip already

The first thing I would do to a Ninja 650 is mod the suspension.

I had thought about it but that's a costly mod that would require me becoming a man whore/slave to my wife. I have too much dignity and pride for that.

I haven't researched the Ninja 650 specifically, but there's probably some fully adjustable shock from a recent ZX or GSXR that will fit. Those can be easily found on ebay for under $50. Throw some emulators or Intiminators in forks and the handling will be much improved.

Ok so I contacted EPM performance Imports about hyperpro and YSS rear systems. I just have a hard time rationalizing the cost of such an upgrade being worth it. Yeah I plan to keep the 650 for some time but is the suspension upgrade cost really worth if on such a low level middle weight bike? for a rear it could cost as much as several hundred dollars, is the upgrade going to be worth it?

If you're going to keep it and you ride it hard enough to really test the stick suspension then an upgrade is worth it. Hell I'm slow and still upgrading mine cause I'm a big guy and outweigh the springs badly

I would imagine there are cheaper ways like tpoopa said to upgrade. I won't the cheapish route on my upgrades

Ok so I contacted EPM performance Imports about hyperpro and YSS rear systems. I just have a hard time rationalizing the cost of such an upgrade being worth it. Yeah I plan to keep the 650 for some time but is the suspension upgrade cost really worth if on such a low level middle weight bike? for a rear it could cost as much as several hundred dollars, is the upgrade going to be worth it?

My very similar Gladius with modded suspension will hang with supersports when riding aggressively through twisties. My pace was noticeably less quick with stock suspension. Whether it's worth it really depends on how you like to ride.

• 3 weeks later...

If you can use a stock 05 zx6r shock, I'll sell you one cheap.

But I'd go suspension first, buy used and you save tons.

Uh, yeah.......the bike's totalled now so I don't believe he's in the market anymore

• Upvote 1