gunner75's crash thread

Gixxus Christ!

Alright I'm home I'm battered and bruised. There is video just how much I don't know. My bike is definitely totaled. Doc says I'm incredibly lucky that all I did was fracture my L3 + L4 vertebrae "winglet". Says there's no worry on being paralyzed since the fractures aren't part of the vertebrae that houses the spine. Other than that, my entire left side is bruised like hell. I did have my camera rolling and Its safe to say there will be no video of this. To much incriminating evidence. Suffice it to say, I was riding far outside my limits combined with speed. I was head southbound on this road that ive ridden a hundred times as I said It was a combination of stupidity and riding outside my skillset.

I was ATGATT as usual, but this day was just stupidity taking over. below is the map of the road prior to of and where i landed. I was traveling southbound when a combination of speed and stupidity caused me to hit 2 culverts and go airborn, the first culvert is north of the phone box by about 100 ft, the second culvert is next to the phone box. My bike and I landed about 175-200 feet past the county road side on the east side of the road.

The point marked with A is approximately where I left the road.

http://goo.gl/maps/UORDO

• Upvote 1

Alright I'm home I'm battered and bruised. There is video just how much I don't know. My bike is definitely totaled. Doc says I'm incredibly lucky that all I did was fracture my L3 + L4 vertebrae "winglet". Says there's no worry on being paralyzed since the fractures aren't part of the vertebrae that houses the spine. Other than that, my entire left side is bruised like hell. I did have my camera rolling and Its safe to say there will be no video of this. To much incriminating evidence. Suffice it to say, I was riding far outside my limits combined with speed. I was head southbound on this road that ive ridden a hundred times as I said It was a combination of stupidity and riding outside my skillset.

I was ATGATT as usual, but this day was just stupidity taking over. below is the map of the road prior to of and where i landed. I was traveling southbound when a combination of speed and stupidity caused me to hit 2 culverts and go airborn, the first culvert is north of the phone box by about 100 ft, the second culvert is next to the phone box. My bike and I landed about 175-200 feet past the county road side on the east side of the road.

The point marked with A is approximately where I left the road.

http://goo.gl/maps/UORDO

Damn glad to hear from you. Sucks about the bike being totaled. Heal up fast and are you going to be able to ride again this season?

There was a curve prior to the house that I came through way to fast. There was an suv oncoming that crossed into my lane when I tried to pass him on his left he came back into his lane. By that time it was too late ti go back to my lane so I ditched it at 70mph hit the culvert and went airborn

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I did have my camera rolling and Its safe to say there will be no video of this. To much incriminating evidence.
Maybe you could show us a video of what it might have looked like except you know, with someone else riding that you happened to find somewhere.

There was a curve prior to the house that I came through way to fast. There was an suv oncoming that crossed into my lane when I tried to pass him on his left he came back into his lane. By that time it was too late ti go back to my lane so I ditched it at 70mph hit the culvert and went airborn

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

This is how people die trying to pass cars in there lane on the wrong side. Because once they see you they will jerk it back into their lane.

Glad you made it out of there just banged up. It could have been much worse. Heal up quick and hope to see you on two wheels again soon.

i'm still not clear on how you crash-landed, but would you say a dedicated back protector would've helped prevent the injury to your spine? did you have a back protector of any kind in your gear?

Glad your mostly ok. Hope you heal up quick and get something fun with that insurance money.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

This is how people die trying to pass cars in there lane on the wrong side. Because once they see you they will jerk it back into their lane.

I tend to agree. I'll take a lowside, or even a highside over a 70mph head on collision with a cage. Still hard to choose when he's in your lane and minimal reaction time.

i'm still not clear on how you crash-landed, but would you say a dedicated back protector would've helped prevent the injury to your spine? did you have a back protector of any kind in your gear?

A dedicated back protector might have prevented it. My jacket has a CE armor plate in the back and it did help. In the video I hit the first culvert went airborne flipped upside down and landed flat on my back.

As far as any actual video I will be going over there to get a general Idea and ill do a video of it then. I won't be posting it because my wife is concerned if I do that the leo could see it see my before speeds and get me for wreckless op or worse.

A dedicated back protector might have prevented it. My jacket has a CE armor plate in the back and it did help. In the video I hit the first culvert went airborne flipped upside down and landed flat on my back.

As far as any actual video I will be going over there to get a general Idea and ill do a video of it then. I won't be posting it because my wife is concerned if I do that the leo could see it see my before speeds and get me for wreckless op or worse.

You admitting this on a public forum might also not be a good idea. Fyi