Plastidip motorcycle

DangBruhY

Aside from the blacked out windscreen (I've never been a fan of that in any finish) I think it looks good! John's idea of doing it to a track bike is intriguing, especially if things like large chunks of the track jumping up at you in places like Nelson are going to happen.

Aside from the blacked out windscreen (I've never been a fan of that in any finish) I think it looks good! John's idea of doing it to a track bike is intriguing, especially if things like large chunks of the track jumping up at you in places like Nelson are going to happen.

I bought the bike with a solid black windscreen. That's the only reason I painted over it. I still haven't touched up a few spots on the corners, but I'll get to it when I can. My wife is deployed and it's hard with 2 kids to do stuff like that.

not sure why you guys would be spending any time prepping something you're using this stuff on.  it's not a real paint job and you're using it to cover stickers and scratches in the first place.   especially if it peels back off easy. 
if you're taking the time to make the fairings look good why not use real paint? if you can takle painting with that I bet you're good enough to takle using real paint.

it's really not as hard as it sounds.  just takes practice and patience.

Edited by serpentracer

I bought the bike with a solid black windscreen. That's the only reason I painted over it. I still haven't touched up a few spots on the corners, but I'll get to it when I can. My wife is deployed and it's hard with 2 kids to do stuff like that.

Gotcha. And best of luck for you and kiddies while the Mrs is off performing her duties. We'll keep her in our thoughts off defending us.

not sure why you guys would be spending any time prepping something you're using this stuff on. it's not a real paint job and you're using it to cover stickers and scratches in the first place. especially if it peels back off easy.

if you're taking the time to make the fairings look good why not use real paint? if you can takle painting with that I bet you're good enough to takle using real paint.

it's really not as hard as it sounds. just takes practice and patience.

I'm not using it to cover stickers and scratched. I'm using it to cover the color. I also used this instead of regular paint because I haven't done a lot of painting and didn't know what type of job I would be able to do. Yet again, if I mess up, I can peal it off.