Monday Monday Monday (memorial day 2013)

jbot

Soooo.... Anyone wanna ride Memorial Day (Monday)? We'll keep an eye on the weather but hopefully it'll be nice.

Let me start this by saying I'm pretty much soliciting for ride leaders... I'll not be doing any such thing as I leave such menial tasks up to peons and better riders than myself. Also, this ride does not depend upon my attendance. There is a possibility that I can't make it for whatever reason.

The route: somewhere SEohio and maybe WV if we're feeling up for it.

The pace: The Pace (look it up if you don't know what that is)

The ice cream: assuming I'm there (which you would think I would be since I'm posting this) ice cream is on me if you're a former or current service member. I don't care where we go, as long as it is delicious delicious ice cream.

The people: everyone is welcome, but please gear up. I'll be in my 1pc or 2pc suit, but that's cause it makes me feel safer. You can wear whatever but understand everyone else will be geared up and they're all gonna laugh at you.

The meeting place: bolivar DQ off 77 and 212

The time: up for discussion but I'm guessing we should be kick stands up by no later than 10am if not earlier.

More later as I think of more stuff

Be there or be queer

• Upvote 1

I may be interested if we hit some nice twisties... Although I'm off work, I am starting a class today that's on Mondays from 6-9pm, I'm not sure if class will be held that night or not, if so I'd definitely need to be headed back to Columbus by ~2-3pm, probably.

I'm sure I'm not fast by most people's standards here, I've been riding for ~4 seasons, but mostly around town/commuting riding. I road to Hocking the first time to hit some twisties this weekend at a pace I was comfortable with.

I always visit Mom and Dad's markers on Memorial Day morning to make sure the Boy Scouts put flags on them.  Up for a ride after that!

Subscribed...

What about a 2 day ride ?

Here is an idea, Sunday afternoon, head down to Hillsboro and hook up with 73. Do the afternnon run to Portsmouth, head SW on 52 and 125 W to Shawnee State Park and camp the night. Crack out on Mon. morning , still on 125 to Blue Creek for breakfast, then to West Union and 247.

Bring 247 back up to Hillsboro and get lunch, then split off and head home from there.

I have done this ride quite a few times, a couple times in reverse, either way it is just wonderful.

WV is nice, but we have some wonderful roads right here in Ohio, you just have to know where to look.

Just a suggestion.

Ride safe all.

Greg

If I get the last couple parts I ordered for the rearsets on the street triple I'm in. That's all that's needed to get her road worthy again. They're supposed to be in on Friday so...

it's gonna be a beauty when you're done.  hurry up and schedule that inspection brah

I'll be riding that day. :)

hate your face

Maybe, if I'm back from the cabin at a reasonable time Sunday.

make it so.

I may be interested if we hit some nice twisties... Although I'm off work, I am starting a class today that's on Mondays from 6-9pm, I'm not sure if class will be held that night or not, if so I'd definitely need to be headed back to Columbus by ~2-3pm, probably.

I'm sure I'm not fast by most people's standards here, I've been riding for ~4 seasons, but mostly around town/commuting riding. I road to Hocking the first time to hit some twisties this weekend at a pace I was comfortable with.

it will be twisty and fun. but seeing as how deal's gap is a few days from that, we'll take it easy enough to be safe.

Here is an idea, Sunday afternoon, head down to Hillsboro and hook up with 73. Do the afternnon run to Portsmouth, head SW on 52 and 125 W to Shawnee State Park and camp the night. Crack out on Mon. morning , still on 125 to Blue Creek for breakfast, then to West Union and 247.

Bring 247 back up to Hillsboro and get lunch, then split off and head home from there.

I have done this ride quite a few times, a couple times in reverse, either way it is just wonderful.

WV is nice, but we have some wonderful roads right here in Ohio, you just have to know where to look.

Just a suggestion.

Ride safe all.

Greg

this would be nice, but sadly, I personally won't be able to ride til monday morning.

I hope everyone posting that they're not showing up remembers that you're automatically a queer if you don't show, per the rules. I can't help it that you have to kiss a dude instead of making this ride... rules is rules. A polite society is a rule abiding dude kissing society.

Just a suggestion.

Ride safe all.

Greg

Hillsboro is my hometown and where I grew up, and yes there are some fabulous roads in and around that area. I can't do that this weekend, but I would for sure be interested in doing that run with you.

damn I really need to get out and get shake down run or 2 in with the new suspension before the Deals Gap trip but I have my 10th Annual Man Day/Memorial Day Bash