Is Your Bike The Fastest?

2fat2fly

I heard you can put stickers on your motorcycle and it will go faster. Currently searching for all the stickers I can find to make my r6 go over 300mph. :rolleyes:

It only takes one sticker to do that and its a no squidding sticker.

I think the winner will be something that can be average in most categories but win one or maybe two of the events. A dragbike with a 12" over swingarm is gonna suck on the road course and possibly the street ride if it's not set up right. A full on road racer may win the road course and even possibly the dyno or top speed but will suck at the strip. A bike built to shoot for 3rd place in most categories but will win one event will probably be the winner.

Edited by 2fat2fly

I heard you can put stickers on your motorcycle and it will go faster. Currently searching for all the stickers I can find to make my r6 go over 300mph. :rolleyes:

Ha. I gave you negative rep. Oops. 

I got an email from Brocks about this. Cool event and will help push publicity for him.

I know Tim Hunt's Hooters sponsored, Brocks powered, GSXR1k won the ( Superstock? ) championship last year but haven't seen anything about him yet this season to know how he's performing or if he moved to another class. One of Brock's engineers was pushing back in early '09 to help Brock get into building more roadracing dedicated exhaust systems, but not seen anything specific other than Tim's 2012 machine using the CT series exhaust and mapping, which seemed to do really well for him.

Interested if anyone here plans to compete?......:cough: MIKE :cough: :D

Interested if anyone here plans to compete?......:cough: MIKE :cough: :D

I want to read the rules and see what's legal. Specifically whether or not you can do any changes between venues. Can you swap sprockets? What about swing arms? I know a pair of brothers that rebuilt a blown up and burned up pro-mod between qualifying rounds at Norwalk a few years ago during an ADRL race. I know a back-half swap on a bike when you're prepared for it would not be a big deal for them and I think they're both available....

Now that we have the B.S. out there I believe a 250-300hp bike will win this. Probably a ZX10R or GSXR 1000. Especially if people are swapping suspensions between venues. Which means a ZX12R is about 100lbs too heavy and under powered. I'd still like to give it a try.

It would be cool if they had a "homebuilder's" class and a professional's class and keep the two seperate. Then you'd get to see real ingenuity from regular guys in their garages building and racing some probably really neat stuff.

I would be all over that, if I got an invite.

Edited by 2fat2fly

I want to read the rules and see what's legal. Specifically whether or not you can do any changes between venues. Can you swap sprockets? What about swing arms? I know a pair of brothers that rebuilt a blown up and burned up pro-mod between qualifying rounds at Norwalk a few years ago during an ADRL race. I know a back-half swap on a bike when you're prepared for it would not be a big deal for them and I think they're both available....

Now that we have the B.S. out there I believe a 250-300hp bike will win this. Probably a ZX10R or GSXR 1000. Especially if people are swapping suspensions between venues. Which means a ZX12R is about 100lbs too heavy and under powered. I'd still like to give it a try.

It would be cool if they had a "homebuilder's" class and a professional's class and keep the two seperate. Then you'd get to see real ingenuity from regular guys in their garages building and racing some probably really neat stuff.

I would be all over that, if I got an invite.

It would definitely be quite a trial to have the same machine be competitive in drag/roadcourse. If the rules allowed suspension mods and map changes between events and maybe even rider swaps, it would be far easier for more bikes to push for a win. If it's a run what you brung in all events, then I can't see it being as competitive at the front. It would take a seriously talented/educated rider to throw a stretched bike around a twisty track trying to beat stock wheelbased versions. I didn't read all of the info in the email before deleting it, but I'm more interested now having talked about it LOL Edited by Hellmutt

My understanding is that there will be professional riders doing all the riding. The owner would be a tuner/coach I'm guessing. Would still be very cool and I would love to build a bike that targets this event specifically. I guess I need to talk the wife out of buying a new house.....

Ha. I gave you negative rep. Oops. 

lol. Your the admin you can fix it. Why only 2 stars? You should be a 5 star admin ftw. I would like to go to this event or at least watch it on tv. My r6 is no where even close to the busas with turbo's on them lol. I did see a gsxr 600 with a turbo on it.

The Rules

--Each bike owner has the option to participate in the street ride portion, but the on-site riding professionals will ride the bikes in all other events.

--Each bike must have current registration tags and insurance.

--Street legality also includes functioning turn signals, headlights, brakelights and license plate.

--A bike will be DQ'd for any event category it is not ready to participate in based on the daily time schedule.

--DOT tires are required. Each entry has the choice of using two DOT tire models.

--No weight ballast may be added to the bike.

--Each bike must have at least one rearview mirror.

--Wheelbase is free to work within the range of swingarm adjustability. Bolt-on extensions are allowed but must be installed prior to contest and must remain installed. Swingarm swaps are not permitted.

--Any sprocket/chain setup is allowed and may be changed from event to event.

--No battery swaps.

--Gasoline of choice is permitted.

--No bodywork swaps from event to event, but the windscreen can be changed. Taping is OK.

--Critical bolts must be safety wired. This includes oil filter, oil drain plug, oil filler cap, rear axle nut, and front axle fastening system.

--No wheel swaps, except for wheels of the exact same spec (i.e. switching to spare wheels with fresh tires mounted).

--Ride height changes are OK.

--Steering damper required.

--Removal of components for weight is prohibited during the event.

--All coolant systems must contain water; no glycol-based coolants.

--Bike must be in same form as it was during initial tech inspection.

Appears you can run extended arms or extensions and swap out gearing to help perform in all events, open fuel options will help but curious if you'd have to stick with whatever fuel you start competing with

That tells me that a bike with a 4" to 6" over arm with either a turbo or big, progressive nitrous will win this event. Unless an arm is fabbed to allow stock to whatever length adjustments.

250hp would take some serious throttle control for a roadcourse, not to mention 300+hp :eek:

Probably why they're ruling that a pro rider will be piloting the finalist's bikes. Most likely be a lap time competition for the roadcourse/streetcourse events for safety/liability sake? :dunno:

A combo of nitrous and a charger will give big power. If you were to run a large charger with 2 stages of nitrous a dry for first stage to help speed up spool time with a multi port wet stage after spooling will gain monster ponies but the problem is holding all that power together in the rotating assembly as well as holding it to the pavement

So say you own some badass street bike. Would you let some 'pro' ride your bike for the very first time on a track in a race?I sure as hell wouldn't.

I sure as shit wouldn't either especially if I put that kinda time in it

250hp would take some serious throttle control for a roadcourse, not to mention 300+hp :eek:

Probably why they're ruling that a pro rider will be piloting the finalist's bikes. Most likely be a lap time competition for the roadcourse/streetcourse events for safety/liability sake? :dunno:

Not if you short-shift it. 

Frankly, the roadcourse is the one that is easy to throw away.

The same bike could legitimately win the 1/4 mile, the dyno shootout, and the top-speed run.  It's unlikely that the bike that wins the roadcourse will win anything else. 

I'd enter a busa with a nitrous system or a turbo or something.  Just don't hit the button on the road course, and/or stay out of the boost.  They're not ideal track bikes, but they can definitely handle pretty well compared to a true drag bike.

The horsepower shootout isn't all that interesting to me though.  It should be power:weight.