How Long Do Tires Last For Track Days?

Limitedslip7

I've got a set of Contisport Attacks on my R6 right now that I have used on the street for around 4-5000 miles (put it on last summer) and two Novice trackdays. They have plenty of rubber on the sides and haven't hit the wear bar in the middle yet. When would it be a good idea to replace the rear? I'm planning on doing another track day at Mid-O on the 22nd. I'm not sure how many heat cycles these can handle before traction begins to degrade...

I'm assuming they are a street tire, don't worry about heat cycles that's really a race tire thing. I run all my street tires to the bars on the track. You shouldn't have an issue getting 5-10 days from a set maybe more depending on pace.

Jeff,

I would just bite the bullet and buy new tires, especially in light of the recent spilt you had on that Conti rear that is on the bike now.  Plus new tires would look so much better on that pretty bike of yours :)

Slow guy in I and only ride 4-5 days a year. I ride Q2s and they will last me a couple years. I don;t think I have actually worn our a front yet and the rear I changed wasn't to the wear markers yet. I changed them out just for age and peace of mind.

My biggest fear of doing a trackday is burning up tires quicker. :(

I wouldn't say they burn up quicker but you will buy softer tires. If you are doing double duty you will use up the sides on the track and the centers on the street.  :D