Honda Cb1000r For Sale

customhillbilly

I'm ready to get rid of my 2011 Honda CB1000R.  I have a touring bike now and not enough room in the garage or the budget for 2 bikes.  

It is a very low mileage bike (1,600 miles)  and has been taken care of meticulously.  Stored in my house (not the garage, actually in the house lol) during winter, with a battery tender.

There are a few aftermarket add-ons, including an IXIL slip-on exhaust, an under tail delete, and a Scotts steering damper with a custom CNC machined mount.  

I still have the original exhaust, turn signals, rear fender, levers, etc.....

Purchased new from John Hinderer Powersports, title in hand.

Here is a link to my craigslist ad for pics:

The pictures are a little rough, I took them at work with a cell phone.  But the bike is immaculate!  

Ohio Riders Price:  $8,600

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/3825964178.html

I think it's just a tough price point. Generally, over $4-$5k is a financing venture. Once you've decided to finance $8k, dealerships usually have access to better terms and make it easier. Your pricing is good, don't get me wrong.

• Upvote 1

Bump

Anyone have advice for selling this type of bike?  Seems like Ohio has a slow market for anything but 600's 

Nice!!!

Be patient I guess, either they sell quick, or you sit on it, it seems you have my luck.

Yes the market is very soft for naked bikes, not just in Ohio either.

Funds are not available here, GLWS!

I think it's just a tough price point. Generally, over $4-$5k is a financing venture. Once you've decided to finance $8k, dealerships usually have access to better terms and make it easier. Your pricing is good, don't get me wrong.

this is the likely scenario

Only 2 cb1000r's on ebay. So maybe a Ebay "Local Classified Ad " . Never used it but Ebay says it's free if you're a "Low Volume seller"

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/motorfees.html#local-ads

"Buyers will see your Classified Ad if your ZIP code is within 200 miles of their search range.  Duration: 7 days"

• 2 weeks later...

the steering damper help out much? the bike feels fine to me, but ive never ridden a bike with a damper to compare

I wouldn't say it needs a steering damper, but I have always used one and feel naked without it.  I like the way any sport bike handles better with one.  All the newer liter bikes seem to steer very lightly to me.  Under acceleration the front tire is barely touching the ground (if at all), and the damper helps to keep it all under control.  

I couldn't find a mount for my bike for the Scotts damper so I had a machinist friend make one for me.  They may have one available now though

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...