Help Me Negotiate A Bike Deal.

Tonik

Ok, please gang here are the rules.

Can't rip on the Harley. The guy buying it MUST buy american, his family and his wifes family insist. Really, he would be thrown out of the family.

Please don't buy this out from underneath me. The guy I am helping is my boss and my best friend in the world.

Don't worry about the politics of the people involved and my job. That is not an issue.

The bike is being sold by my bosses boss. It was the 'big' bosses sons for a VERY short time. This bike is a creampuff, very well cared for. I am of the opinion it is high by 200 to 500 dollars. What say the OR collective?

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/3829592800.html

Is that too much bike for a noob? I think it is borderline...but am willing to sign off on it based upon my boss is taking MSF and is very cool, careful and responsible.

If the deal falls through between them, I will let you all know. Because someone is going to get a well cared for very low miles 883.

The guy buying it MUST buy american

you mean, assembled from various makers around the globe but here in the US? Cause dont harleys have a SHIT load of stuff not made here on them?

you mean, assembled from various makers around the globe but here in the US? Cause dont harleys have a SHIT load of stuff not made here on them?

You must have missed the intended purpose of the post...

Imo, definitely not too much bike for a new rider. As for price, I don't ever pay the listed price so I think somewhere in the range you mentioned is fair.

He knows that. And I know it better than most since my brother was a Harley purchasing agent for 25 years. I knew it before the internet did. They were buying most of their engine parts in Korea before Al Gore invented the internet.

Now that we have covered that, shame on you for not following the rules, we are trying to help someone out here.

• Upvote 1

An 883 is a turd. Not too much bike for a noob, but if he is normal height or taller, he is gonna look like a monkey fucking a football riding a low.

It's a bike made for people shorter than Todd.

I almost spit out my food reading that "monkey fucking a footbal" hahaha

Price does seem a little high. It is definitely not too much bike, even for a noob. I rode one once out of curiosity. Any new rider will outgrow that bike with the quickness. He may want to reconsider a bigger HD or even a Victory.

How tall is he? That low model is designed for shorter riders. Has the prospective buyer sat on this thing or ridden it yet? I wouldn't buy a bike I couldn't at least sit on and check out leg comfort, etc.

BTW, that lighthouse pic was taken about a mile from my house.....

He is just over six feet. He will get to play on it before he buys it. I am pushing him towards used and something low powered like this. Shadow or 650 vstar. I believe that is best for a new rider. Learn to ride, learn what you like then flip it next year and step up.

Edited by Tonik

He may be tall for it (low may be way too low for him). My 2nd bike was an 883. I'd buy another in a heartbeat. For a low mile 2008, I'd pay $4000- $4500. Really was a pretty fun little bike.

Edited by C-bus