Goodbye Vfr...

Steve Butters

...hello CB1000R!! :D

got a brand new 2012 leftover cb1000r tonight. first impressions: i miss the wind protection of vfr, but nothing else! the motor is more smooth, feels way more powerful, even in 6th gear roll ons....WAY more comfortable, handles worlds better....i really couldnt be happier with it

20130625_18492901_zpsdedd8896.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys, definitely like this bike. Insurance rates are on par with a supersport... Lame. Lol

I'll get better pics eventually, but you get the idea... I couldn't get good pics because the headlight was washing out my camera, and I couldn't shut it off because they left the key on and killed the battery and had to jump it just so I could get home.. Fail. It's an hour drive though so it had plenty time to charge

I'm curious when you say more comfortable than the VFR in what way? I love these things and if I hadn't dumped a ton of money into the VFR over the winter I'd be a lot more tempted to move it and pick up something newer and this is on the short list

Thanks!

Brian, the seating position is way more comfortable.. The bike is almost the same weight but it "feels" a ton lighter, most of the weight is centered low... It's extremely narrow... It actually reminds me a lot of riding a dirt bike

Only time it's less comfy is slabbing over 90mph...But keep it in the 80s and it's fine... The seat is slightly less comfy when it comes to material and padding, but I don't slide around on it like I did the VFR, so that's a wash in my opinion

Edited by Steve Butters

Biggest thing I like is all the torque.. This thing pulls like crazy... It doesn't have the top end like a cbr1k,but honestly, without the wind protection you don't need that top end anyways... This bike pulls strong at any speed and any gear... 6th gear at 50mph around town and you crack it open and it'll go... Now I understand how people with big naked bikes can go on rides and be fast and never have to leave 6th gear... This bike feels so smooth... Feels like the VFR when it hit vtec, but all the time... It's definitely not the fastest or more powerful.. But it feels perfect for street riding

Welcome to the world of naked liter bikes. The next thing you'll learn to appreciate is the ease at which you can get to the oll filter etc for maintenance. I'll never go back to a full fairing bike again.

Yep! Oil change was a pain on the VFR... I'm looking forward to easy wrenching now lol

Nice choice, I'm liking the look of the nude sportys more and more. Congrats

Everyone worries about the wind but honestly it's not that bad and in the summer, you stay a lot cooler. When I had my my FJR I used to sweat my balls off because of all the wind protection. It's nice when it's colder but you can always add layers...taking them off is problematic. :D