Saturday "to The River And Back" Ride

Blitz

Looking to get out again this Saturday. I put together a route that looks pretty fun. A lot of twisties and according to an Ohioan on another site, 536 is as twisty as the Dragons Tail, albeit shorter.

Here's the route: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2730797

So we'll meet at the BP at 13 and 70 at 10am and should be back by 3pm. All can come along, ride at your own pace, nobody is left behind. Any questions or if you're coming along, post up.

You've never been on 536?

The pavement condition is getting a little rough.When it was paved back in 2007 it was a blast.

It's getting paved again in the next two or three years under the STIP program.I'll be heading that way then.

Have you been on 339 yet?That is probably my favorite of all the roads on your route.255 is right up there too.

If you've never ridden 536, there is an infamous corner that has wrecked LOTS of motorcycle over the years.  It's a blind, decreasing radius, 15 mph curve that tightens up REALLY quickly.  Going the direction from OH78 to OH7, it's a right hand turn. 

It could get you if you don't know to look for it. 

Lots of good info here guys.....thanks.

Never been out that way, I just picked the twistiest roads on the map to 536, and the best looking yet most direct route back. Hopefully it makes for a good ride. Have to get some other riders first though, otherwise I'm going solo.

If you need directions Strictly Solo, or a meetup closer to Columbus, let me know.

Edited by Blitz

If you've not rode those before and plan on leading a ride there you better do it very carefully. Several of those listed WILL bite you. I have personally went with trailer to remove 4 bikes from that corner on 536. Others have blind gravel filled corners as well. Don't bite off more than you can comfortably chew.

Change of plans for this ride.

Meet at 9am at the BP at 13 and 70.  Just going to ride Hocking.  669, 78 McConnelsville area.  Didn't have any takers so I'll have to try the river route again some other time.

Plan is to be back by 2pm.

Edited by Blitz