Neo: Heading Down South 7/6

nautical1

Alright so this weekend is looking decent so far besides the slight chance of rain so I'm looking to take advantage of the day and head south. The plan is to spend a few hours heading down, get some food and relax, then head back north. 

Meeting Spot: Depends on route

Start Time: 8:00-9:00am at very latest

Duration: Home by dinner?

Mileage: <300 miles

Pace: Relatively tame, just go your own comfortable pace

1) Meet at Marathon gas station off of 76 at 14.

14-9-644-164-9-145w-800n-any road home

2) Meet at DQ in Bolivar off 76.

800s-148w-9n-149w-250n-151e-north up to 164w-644n-9n-14

3) Meet at Bolivar DQ off 76.

Take 800 south all the way to the river and head back.

4) Any of the roads down there that people want to ride.

Any variations will work as well, I basically just want to get out and enjoy new roads which is mostly anything south of 151 and this is what I came up with by just taking a quick look at the map and from roads Paul (Isaacs Papa) mentioned.

Edited by nautical1

I also would love to go but alas once again house responsibilities get in my way

And that whole pesky shot rear tire thing lol

Edited by Bad324

I really wanted to say yes but I am picking up a new pistol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Get the pistol on the way back from riding??

I also would love to go but alas once again house responsibilities get in my way

And that whole pesky shot rear tire thing lol

Get a new tire so you can finally join in on these exciting rides!

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe. If I do get out, I need to be back by 3:00. I have a date with Lyns to go see a local band play in Kent. Don't make any routes on my account, though. Plan something, and I'll post up if I'm going to show, or not.

Speed safely!

Depending who goes and start time we could be back by 3:00, depends how long of a ride everyone wants to do.

i want in. will keep an eye on the weather.  if i do go, i would keep on riding part the turn around point and head to cbus.

Whatever works.

Edited by nautical1

Showing 40% chance of storms for tomorrow but it looks like most of the rain is staying west of where we'll be riding. I'll decide the route and meeting details later on today once I know who is for sure in so people know what the plan is tomorrow. For those who are interested, what kind of mileage or how long of a ride do you want?

I don't want to say yes yet, but there is a good chance. Your very persuasive nautical1.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Deep down you know you want to ride ha.

Edited by nautical1

my tire finally arrived at Pauly's so I'm good there, now its just getting over there to get em on

unfortunately an unexpected funeral today has jumbled all my plans for this weekend so doesn't look like anything other than maybe a 2 up cruise tomorrow

Edited by Bad324

Either route #1 or #2 looks good for me, I can do either spot. We'll say 9:15 meet up and 9:30 kickstands up? We'll stop for lunch around 12 at where ever looks good down there. I'm leaning towards route one unless people want to meet in Bolivar.

We can try and be back by 3 and at 12 we'll see where we're at and head back if we have to. 

Ehhh, I'm in cbus already so I'm probably out. Have fun! If you thought I was quick on the street, wait til you let pauly off the leash.

I saw his tame pace last week and it was a pretty good pace. I have a problem with getting over my issue with not wanting to go faster for the fear of hitting gravel in a turn. Sometimes I pick it up to a nice pace and other times I feel like miss daisy ha. I have no issue with watching and learning from faster riders either. For whoever is in let's meet at the Marathon at 9:15-9:30 and head out pending storms. If it's only a light drizzle we'll still head out since, as said earlier, it seems to be staying west.

And jbot if you're in C-bus just head east and meet us somewhere. We can meet you on 800 or somewhere and just ride south, if people need to break off they can at any point but I have all day. You know you wanna. I can even text you when we're heading down.

Edited by nautical1

Let's say 14-9-332-164-Azaela Rd SW/Pleasant Valley Rd SE to 800. From 800 we'll just look at a map and hit any road we see that looks good once we go as far south as we want or just stay on 800 and enjoy it. Once we want to head home I'll write a route down to get home. For those that want to be back by 3 I can show you a few roads back home or 77n won't be too far away either if that's what you wanna do. 

Edited by nautical1