Why Didn't I Do This Years Ago?

Tonik

I figured.  Just having fun.

Is that a "gear station" at the front of your garage? 

Yep. The old gear station was on the trunk of my car. Not very convenient. Used to be the wifes car trunk, I was ok with that. Then she got an Impreza that has no trunk. Guess I answered my thread title. I never did it before because the wife had a trunk I could use.

House is nearly a hundred years old. Closet by the front hall is era  typical. It is 2' 6" deep, TWO feet wide, with shelf, holds, exactly, two helmets and various gloves on the shelf, and exactly FOUR jackets- boots on the bottom. 

and yes, helmets left outside are spider magnets. Shaking, bumping on something wont dislodge. You risk everything leaving helmets outside.

Ever read about a fatal crash, they were one mile from home, 20 mph, when suddenly they flung their bike under a truck or train, no explanation ever made public?

fucking spiders- in the helmet, be sure

• Upvote 1

It's hot as fuck here... I leave all my gear inside so it's at least cool putting it on... Rather put on gear that isn't preheated in a baking garage... Yall can keep that shit. My riding jacket, helmet, gloves, and tank bag take up so little room that I haven't needed to build a rack for them outside... Don't you guys have a closet or countertop or something? Or did you guys start a mud shack community since I left?

I've actually had helmet spiders before...little Fucker started waltzing across my visor while riding....like 2 or 3 blocks from home....luckily my iron nerves kicked in and I calmly pulled to the side of the road, opened the visor and repeatedly punched myself in the face trying to liberate my little arachnid friend. Helmet lives on top of the fridge now.

• Upvote 2

I've had a similar set up in 2 different garages since I've been riding for 4 years now and haven't had the displeasure to discover any bugs or spiders in my helmet

I just sprayed the hell out of the wall with Home Defense. Can't hurt. But I really don't have spider issues in the garage. They have been out there for years, just on the wifes car.

I've actually had helmet spiders before...little Fucker started waltzing across my visor while riding....like 2 or 3 blocks from home....luckily my iron nerves kicked in and I calmly pulled to the side of the road, opened the visor and repeatedly punched myself in the face trying to liberate my little arachnid friend. Helmet lives on top of the fridge now.

I just lost it. :lol:

Have a similar set up in my bike barn, post some pics later. Built a 12x12 home for the steeds on the end of my carport with metal shelves for big stuff, FJR trunk, tail bag, tank bag, big totes with out of season gear. Wooden shelf for helmets, boots, gloves with hooks underneath to hang jackets & pants. Best grand ever spent. FYI mothballs will keep most bugs, spiders included at bay.

• 1 month later...

what about putting the helmet in the bag that came with it? they usually have a way to tie them at the bottom.

I have helmet bags from all my old helmets, I keep the helmet in there when not in use to keep it dust free and less likely to scratch. I also use them to keep extra shields scratch free.