Fs: 2005 Suzuki Sv650s

silentcropduster

Bike is in MINT condition and was very well kept for.

KBB: http://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/suzuki/sv650s/2005-suzuki-sv650s/suggestedretailvalue/

It has new SunStar chain, JT sprockets 500 miles ago installed by Hoblick. (stock tooth on both)

Mobile 1 4T oil (IMO the best oil u can get) & new oil filter obviously, was changed this riding season

installed flush mount fairing LED's with resisters

LED rear blinkers with resisters

HID 5000k head light conversion

NEW clutch cable

ATRE with on/off switch

swapped out horn with 2011 Mazda Speed stock horn (pretty damn loud)

Yoshi RS-3 pipe I believe

8 strips blue SMD LED accent lights installed with 12v distro block w/ in line fuse (you can install about 5-6 more devices if need be)

everything works 100% bike needs NOTHING, has not been abused, the condition of the bike speaks for itself.

22k miles, but speed is off by about 10% & 60 MPH, so more like 18-19k miles (give or take)

I'll add one pic now and take a few better one's tonight

If I'm forgetting something let me know.

post-15906-0-96142700-1373832684_thumb.j

how you gonna ask 3500 firm after telling multiple people 3k? lol....its your bike, do whatever....just kind of odd is all....nice bike, probably worth 3500 to the right buyer

Because he just bought a 750 he needs to pay for.... HAHA

Or maybe hes just starting high so we can offer 3k :p

how you gonna ask 3500 firm after telling multiple people 3k? lol....its your bike, do whatever....just kind of odd is all....nice bike, probably worth 3500 to the right buyer

That was b4 I realized the shit ton of work I've put into it. But its not like I'd refuse a reasonable offer to a rider I know is going to take care of it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Dude, I told you before, all that crap you put intomyour bike does not increase the value...

Unfortunately, this is true. I had a vmax I paid $7k for. I threw tons of go fast parts at it. Lowered it. PC'd everything black. Put well over 4 grand into it. When I went to sell it, it was only worth book value (which I knew all along). It sold for $7k.

Dude, I told you before, all that crap you put intomyour bike does not increase the value...

I dont see how it does not. Granted its not going to increase it a TON, but it still should depending on what has been installed and if it was installed in a professional manner and isnt just thrown together.

I dont see how it does not. Granted its not going to increase it a TON, but it still should depending on what has been installed and if it was installed in a professional manner and isnt just thrown together.

Because you're aiming at a smaller percentage of people that want a bike with mods and it's the same with cars. You may find someone who thinks there's added value to a vehicle because there is stuff done to it but more people will look at is as a normal vehicle and don't want to pay for modifications you did. I bought my bike with extras on it but didn't pay more than it was worth because of them and I even told the guy I'm not paying the marked up price because you added such and such modifications. You can try and justify the extra cost because of extra parts but less people are going to be interested, so it's your call on how long you want to potentially sit on it. Or maybe you'll get lucky and find someone willing to pay the little bit extra.

• Upvote 1

It doesn't. Especially if the buyer is financing it.

No bank is going to loan more for a bike than NADA value because it has farkles. It's worth book to them and that's it.

Some mods will help it sell quicker over the next guys SV, but shit like neons may actually hurt you because a smart buyer is gonna see that as the harness being possibly hacked to add unnecessary gayness.

What really matters, value-wise is condition and that you saved all the stock parts to put it back to stock if the new buyer chooses.

If its super clean (like showroom) never been down(of course) and simple details like the triple isn't all scratched to shit from a wad of keys bouncing around on it while riding, it will sell at the higher end of the book value than if its not been well cared for.

Farkles don't add value. Period. Just because my fz1 has 2k worth of suspension work, doesn't mean it's worth 5k. It's still worth 3000 bucks. Led lights and reflective strips and all that would just be shit I needed to take off. Anymore due to past experiences , I wouldn't buy a bike that's not stock for the most part.

It doesn't. Especially if the buyer is financing it.

No bank is going to loan more for a bike than NADA value because it has farkles. It's worth book to them and that's it.

Some mods will help it sell quicker over the next guys SV, but shit like neons may actually hurt you because a smart buyer is gonna see that as the harness being possibly hacked to add unnecessary gayness.

Usually a buyer wont pay retail fora private party sale. SO lets say mine retail is 6k. (its not but for example purposes) Stock bike in mint condition could go for 5.5k - with everything I've done to the bike I'd like to get 5.7k. So the fact that I'd be asking for a whopping $200 more then a stock bike is unreasonable??? OK.

As far as the LED's I can take them off in about 15 mins and you'd never know they were there.

Edited by silentcropduster

Led removal may not be so simple for some folks, most people look for a fairly stock bike so they know its not hacked and cobbled. I've seen electrical harnesses all cobbled up just over a previous owner trying to install turn signals . I'm not saying your price is out of line. You seem to be new to the motorbike game and don't appear to want to take ANY advice from older , more experienced members. Put it on Craigslist and hope it sells.

Edited by oldschoolsdime92

That drives me up the wall when i see people that do that.

Me too. It just shows laziness and lack of care for the bike. Usually the first sign that maintenance has been neglected.

Retail is the suckers price. If you pay 90% of retail, your doing it wrong.

Edited by max power

Led removal may not be so simple for some folks, most people look for a fairly stock bike so they know its not hacked and cobbled. I've seen electrical harnesses all cobbled up just over a previous owner trying to install turn signals . I'm not saying your price is out of line. You seem to be new to the motorbike game and don't appear to want to take ANY advice from older , more experienced members. Put it on Craigslist and hope it sells.

Its not that man - I know I'm not super experienced when it comes to bikes but there are things I know and do not know. However, I cant expect u to know me bec we've never met and have only spoke thru OR. My LED's are wired to a 12 volt distro block, the only nicks in any part of the stock wiring is where I tapped the hot wire (pic below) and regardless of what I do get $$$ wise for the bike I do expect to get a few hundred dollars more than if they bike were completely bare to the bone stock...none of my mod's affect the engine or suspension or useability or driveabiity of the bike. If anything they make it worlds better.

But we'll see what I can get out of it, if I end up only getting 3k for it, then so be it. If I feel like I can't get out of it what I want then I'll just keep it and give it to my gf who is going to get her temps here real soon lol

positap.bmp