Fs: 2005 Suzuki Sv650s

silentcropduster

I see the future..

No hits at 3500

Lowers it to 3200, still no hits

Lowers it to 3000 gets some intrest, offers from 2500-2900

Kicks himself for not taking 2900, lowers it to 2800 like every single sv650 on craigslist, but wait its now September and no one is paying 2800 for a bike in September. Lol and he takes the first 2600 that comes along

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

none of my mod's affect the engine or suspension or useability or driveabiity of the bike. 

right, which is exactly why they don't increase the value of the bike.

the truth is, no one cares about an HID swap, a mazda horn or LED's. those are just superfluous mods that no one really cares about. the pipe is about the only thing that may add any value, and still that does not add very much at all since 80% of other SV's for sale will have a pipe too. I

for mods to ADD value to the bike, they really have to ADD to the bike... for example:

http://ohioriders.net/index.php?/topic/101702-fs-2012-suzuki-gsxr600-ama-dsb-spec-race-bike/

im not trying to be a dick or anything, so dont take it the wrong way. your bike looks pretty clean, but the fact of the matter is that LED's and a mazda horn don't increase the value of a bike that much.

No, to me you sound like an 18-21 year old kid who doesn't want to listen to some more experienced people.

where in any of my posts did I say I knew it all?

repost:

Its not that man - I know I'm not super experienced when it comes to bikes but there are things I know and do not know. However, I cant expect u to know me bec we've never met and have only spoke thru OR. My LED's are wired to a 12 volt distro block, the only nicks in any part of the stock wiring is where I tapped the hot wire (pic below) and regardless of what I do get $$$ wise for the bike I do expect to get a few hundred dollars more than if they bike were completely bare to the bone stock...none of my mod's affect the engine or suspension or useability or driveabiity of the bike. If anything they make it worlds better.

Just because you have 4000000 posts doesnt mean I have to listen to what u say, I dont know u from the next guy. And your 26, as am I. I'm very mature for my age or so everybody tells me. Even tho I may not know a TON about motorcycles I'm not an idiot by any means. NO one's forcing u 2 post either man. I'm tired of trying to defend myself when it comes to this. If I'm only able to get 3k out of my bike so be it. If I have to wait till just b4 next riding season to start b4 I get sell it, so be it - I can afford it. Edited by silentcropduster

right, which is exactly why they don't increase the value of the bike.

the truth is, no one cares about an HID swap, a mazda horn or LED's. those are just superfluous mods that no one really cares about. the pipe is about the only thing that may add any value, and still that does not add very much at all since 80% of other SV's for sale will have a pipe too. I

for mods to ADD value to the bike, they really have to ADD to the bike... for example:

http://ohioriders.net/index.php?/topic/101702-fs-2012-suzuki-gsxr600-ama-dsb-spec-race-bike/

im not trying to be a dick or anything, so dont take it the wrong way. your bike looks pretty clean, but the fact of the matter is that LED's and a mazda horn don't increase the value of a bike that much.

I think ur missing the point, If the bike has 800-900 worth of stuff done to it for example....if I'm trying t get like like 100-200 more out of it bec of that - i dont see the issue w that

I think upgrades increase the value of a bike, but only by the smallest margin.  like $.10 on the dollar for the upgrades AT BEST.

The fact is, a bike is not the sum of its parts.  If you want to get what the parts are worth, then you have to part-out the bike.

To use a shock and exhaust as an example, a full system is $450 and a decent shock would be $700 or so.  If the asking price of the bike is $3500, you can't tell me that the bike is worth $1100 less with NO shock or exhaust.

I vote put the bike back to stock if you really want $3500 out of everything all together.

• Upvote 1

Whew, someone gets butthurt quick. I thought ohioriders was all about poking fun and teasing and having a good time. I was just calling it like I saw it. Once again you sound like an 18-21 year old kid who has some growing up to do.

Im not getting but hurt - I'm just tired of having to try and defend my decisions. If u dont agree with them so be it. You can believe what u want to believe as can I man. I'm not trying to be a dick either.

I go on vacation and I miss some fun. You never said you know it all but you ACT like you do. As others have said you think you know what you're talking about but you haven't actually had the necessary experience to know what the reality is

• 3 weeks later...

I go on vacation and I miss some fun. You never said you know it all but you ACT like you do. As others have said you think you know what you're talking about but you haven't actually had the necessary experience to know what the reality is

thats because I know a little about a lot lol.