Motoseries July 27-28

blue03636

I hear ya guys on battling in the 600 Expert class. I wish it was closer. I would really like to see the 1000cc bikes in a different race. I know I get hung up trying to pass them since I don't like the really close passes that the faster 600cc racers feel comfortable making. I guess that is on me though.

Edited by nk140

I'll be there Saturday for track day (dependent on weather).

Debating between novice and intermediate. This will be my third track day. The instructors said i was running 1:26/27 times and that i would be alright if i wanted to move up. Not sure if i'd be comfortable enough for that though. I don't want to be 'that guy' that gets in the way. A guy i work with that's in intermediate says just stay predictable and don't worry, but that's easier said than done. 

At the same time, it feels like it creates a hassle for the people teaching novice to have such large speed gaps between people in novice. It also frustrates me getting stuck behind them around the entire track. I need a inter-intermediate group.

Another thing that might determine my group, do you need safety wired for intermediate? I already run water wetter and everything else listed. The site says its only required for advance, but i thought i heard someone say its required for intermediate also. I plan on getting a track bike for next year so i don't really want to start drilling on this bike. 

Edited by ludwb675

You won't be the slowest out there.

This is very true !

I went to I after 3 novice's. and get passed all the time,just hold your lines and you'll be fine!

Oh,and don't let up in the kink ! Right Craig ?

Like madscat said,Hold your lines and you'll be fine.

Blue gsxrs are the best!

Bump to intermediate if you are comfortable running that pace; just stay smooth and predictable.  If you come out a turn offline/incorrect setup for the next turn, don't swerve to get back on line.  Also, don't look behind you; it's the rider behind that should be worried about making a safe pass....some people just worry less than others.

They are quick...but I can't even break into the teens consistently.  I have run my share of :19's but that's just a flying lap.  I'm old and slow, thusly my times are not in question here. :D

Edited by r1crusher

Definitely up for debate. Ill be signing up for advance because last time out I felt I was getting held up a lot and was running at the upper end of intermediate last time.

Glad to see you stepping up. If you are running mid-high teens you'll be fine in advanced. That's about where I was when I finally made the move.

Find some SV guys that are running similar times to you. Instead of blowing past in the straights, follow them for a few laps through the corners. That taught me a lot.