Motoseries July 27-28

blue03636

OMG!!!  I've been telling you to drop the front down since you bought that damn bike!  You probably need to add 5MM to shim the shock also.

Fuck...I'll come over again tonight and do it for crying out loud!!

Craig, is the bike doing anything you don't like on exit? I ask because everything I've seen associates the rear suspension geometry with exit and the front with entrance. You get interaction, but the effects are more pronounced.....like if you jack the rear up too high trying to influence trail and turn in, the antisquat will drive the rear end under you, hindering exit. If you could do it without impacting swing arm angle that would be one thing, but I'm not seeing how that is possible without an adjustable swing arm pivot.

Traxxion had a chart saying 4 to 1 ratio from front to rear....changes made to the front effect turn in a factor of 4 while effecting exit 1. Changes made to the rear effect turn in 1 while changing exit 4.

It blowing wide and not turning as quick as I would like. I have a goal setup I'm shooting for as the guy beside me had his set there and works well for him. I'm working my way up to it. The front is done just need to keep jacking up the rear until I get what I want. Also, the numbers came from attack kawasaki.

Edited by blue03636
  • Upvote 1

OMG!!!  I've been telling you to drop the front down since you bought that damn bike!  You probably need to add 5MM to shim the shock also.

Fuck...I'll come over again tonight and do it for crying out loud!!

If you are coming over, you need to take a Midol first and corral that attitude, princess. But alas, I am not wrenching tonight. Other shit to do. That is what track time the day before race day is for.

says he staying at home.

so what are you doing with your transponder? :D

Oh its chilling at home/toy hauler.  Just charged it last Thursday actually for it's monthly charge. 

I agree with Slocum, it's Nelson, don't over think it cuz it's different than any othe track out there.

You freakingsonsabitches now have me pondering my suspension setup. Goddammit! Guess more stuff to tinker with on Saturday. Dicks.

i probably shouldnt talk since i wont be there, and my bike doesn't even run... buuuuuut.....

if your sag is set, fluids and seals are good, and it's not doing anything funny, don't fuck with it.

like i said, unless it's severely fucked like matt's was, you really don't need to mess with any of that shit to get into mid teens.  my 675R doesnt even have sag set and it turned just fine (doesn't run currently, but when it did, it turned lololol).

Man your ass is going to be sore.

Ugh...I know, I know. But I thought maybe John might be interested in earning a litle extra income with his offspring en route. And help me be a cheap ass racer for the rest of this season.

Just out of curiosity you guys trying to dial in suspension at Nelson's? It is Nelson's remember:)

I'm just feeling it out, never even messed with my shock settings before. Threw it on the bike, bounced it a few times; seemed about level on comp and rebound so i weny out on the track.

i probably shouldnt talk since i wont be there, and my bike doesn't even run... buuuuuut.....

if your sag is set, fluids and seals are good, and it's not doing anything funny, don't fuck with it.

like i said, unless it's severely fucked like matt's was, you really don't need to mess with any of that shit to get into mid teens.  my 675R doesnt even have sag set and it turned just fine (doesn't run currently, but when it did, it turned lololol).

Also, never take suspension advice from Jinu.  :D

If the above is true, this is the way mine sits right now:  7mm of additional fork showing over the triple (means front end should be sitting 3mm higher than stock).  10mm of ride height added to rear shock (means rear of bike should be sitting 10mm higher than stock).  So basically I'v added 7mm of ass end height over what was the stock geometry.  I hope this is close. 

Anyone up for some food at Seans or whatever it's called?

Is that the place in Garretsville or wherever that was so amazing after Cox got his a**packing and was all messed up last year?  That place rocked for sure.  Man I wanna come up just for the food.