Wtb: Beginner Bike (no 250's)

Bad324

A friend of a friend has requested my help in finding him a street bike. He wants a sporty bike so no cruisers and something "low miles" The closer to NEO the better but small chance I can get him to travel a bit since I've got my truck and trailer

Budget is $3k or maybe up to $3500

lets say less than 15k miles

preferably fuel injected

Whats the OR crowd have? I'd rather pick up off someone from here than dealing with the wonderful world that is craigslist

god damnit I knew I used the wrong title after I clicked submit. I don't need this to turn into another debate about what he should start on

600's and 650's is what I'm really after

My Daytona 600 is up for sale again. The buddy I sold it to needs a new car so $3000 is the asking price. Full disclosure, it may need a new stator. It has a new battery, tires, brakes, plugs, and a bunch of other random addons. 

• Upvote 1

My bike is the yellow/ bule combo. it has 28k miles but its been geared since 5k and idk how to do the math Ive been told that means its actually a lot less. it also has a power commander. Im not to motivated to sell but if someone wants it then I will buy something bigger.

My bike is the yellow/ bule combo. it has 28k miles but its been geared since 5k and idk how to do the math Ive been told that means its actually a lot less. it also has a power commander. Im not to motivated to sell but if someone wants it then I will buy something bigger.

Pics please

here, best kept secret for shopping.

and frankly, I'd expand your/his search to at least an hours drive. really.

http://www.searchtempest.com/

type in the stuff you want, dont want and BAM search craigslist, as close, as far or different parts of the world

for the last two bikes, I expanded the search to two hours drive and was glad i did- found good deals, great deals with good people.

g'luck and get a 250  :lolhitsign:

SV650 fuel injected a good choice.

This is my #1 choice for him but I like to keep options open

here, best kept secret for shopping.

and frankly, I'd expand your/his search to at least an hours drive. really.

http://www.searchtempest.com/

type in the stuff you want, dont want and BAM search craigslist, as close, as far or different parts of the world

for the last two bikes, I expanded the search to two hours drive and was glad i did- found good deals, great deals with good people.

g'luck and get a 250  :lolhitsign:

yes love that site but as I stated I'm trying to not deal with craigslist morons until I have to which is why I wanted to see what people have here first. Plus most of the time, I trust people on here more than clist in being honest so I'm not wasting time and money on driving to check a bike out in person

This is my #1 choice for him but I like to keep options open

yes love that site but as I stated I'm trying to not deal with craigslist morons until I have to which is why I wanted to see what people have here first. Plus most of the time, I trust people on here more than clist in being honest so I'm not wasting time and money on driving to check a bike out in person

if he wants 2c the bike....lemme know....im in no rush to sell bec as i mentioned b4 i just might give it to my gf.

if he wants 2c the bike....lemme know....im in no rush to sell bec as i mentioned b4 i just might give it to my gf.

I'll let you know. My original plan was to have next weekend available for any road trip to buy a bike for him however that just got derailed last night. He wants me to go with to check out and possibly test ride any bike and I feel bad because my schedule is so absolutely jam packed with crap I don't know when I can especially if it involves a road trip where I'd need to bring the trailer