I'm Done For The Year.

Mj 88

I enjoyed riding there, other than the fact that it was a soggy mudpit that day.   It's a fun place to ride with the elevation changes, small bumps/jumps cut into the trails, and a good sized area to get lost in

I was only there once but I enjoyed it. I know we didn't see it all, the guy we were riding with didn't seem to know his way around.

Good Luck on the recovery. In April 2008 I hit a deer on my bike at night and broke my shoulder blade and collar bone. Four weeks later I bought a new FZ1 and two weeks after that I was riding. Six weeks total recovery time for a 50 year old, at the time. Hope you have a speedy recovery and are back in the saddle soon. :easy_button:

• Upvote 1

I went through physical therapy and the therapist gave me shoulder exercises and I did them all. They got me back in shape, I lift four days a week and do high reps, 12-15 to stay in shape. No real long term side effects other than a click in the shoulder now and then when I am lifting weights. In (6) weeks you will recover, four months you will not know it happened. This is from a guy who recovered at the age of 50 years old when the accident happened.

Best of luck!   

• Upvote 1

Glad to hear you're OK. I concur about adrenaline being a helluva pain killer.

Your situation is why I don't like riding alone. If you had went off into a ditch and no one saw you...and your injuries were worse.....anyways..

Glad to hear the gear did its job too. Get back on 2 as soon as you can if that's what you decide to do.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Went back to the Dr today, its growing back together. But it looks like another 2/4 weeks before I get back to work. On the bright side me and the little one have never spent so much time together. I'm getting really good at playing sick for the 3 year old Dr.

• Upvote 1