Don't Use Rick Roush Motorsports For Service...

hotleadsingerguy

A set of friction plates is like $60. The steels don't usually need replaced until they go under spec which is usually after the 3rd set of friction plates are replaced.

Nickelback sucks cock, I'm glad I don't know how to spell that Canadian fuck's name.

A set of friction plates is like $60. The steels don't usually need replaced until they go under spec which is usually after the 3rd set of friction plates are replaced.

Nickelback sucks cock, I'm glad I don't know how to spell that Canadian fuck's name.

But that would require him to know how to diagnose things. And how to read a micrometer...Or what a micrometer is for that matter...

Edited by BDBGoalie

What are you talking about? Who said I couldn't replace a clutch? I've replaced clutches on bikes before, as well as cars.

They did the work because for $100 total they replaced it for me. That was cheaper than the clutch pack itself was. It wasn't a "here's a free clutch pack, but we can install it for $100"...it was either I buy one brand new (which, at the time, was around $130) and do it myself, or give them $100 and have them do it. I mentioned that part in literally the first post of the topic. 

Again, just like I said in my post, I don't care if he builds bikes by hand by metal-working pieces together. His history in the motorcycle industry doesn't mean all his attitude is acceptable. He still came into the topic giving me **** for things I didn't even say or do without even doing the research to understand what I was saying. Considering Kawasaki has already announced a partial recall in parts of the world for one of the exact problems I'm having and multiple people that were having the other issue I'm having have had it fixed in a certain way...I have a pretty good idea what needs done.

You're catching hell because you're being a jackass. You went and bought something and are angry it wasn't was it was billed to be. What do you expect, the people that make money selling things are going to be 100% honest all the time? Are you retarded? Guess what, that blame falls directly on you for not doing the adaquate research and testing before buying it.

Even if you are buying brand spanking new, you still test and check it before you buy it. Unless you can't be troubled by that horrendous effort, and in that case we'll be seeing you next thread entitled "My milk went bad and the expiration date was the same day as I bought it. They fucked me royally. I'm going to go have a temper-tantrum in the middle of the dairy section."

• Upvote 1

As far as the tire pressure goes, there are variations between gauges. At our shop the tire pressure gauges have to be calibrated every three months, per FAA regs and that only guarantees them to be within +/- 1 psi. I could definitely see a difference of three between two different gauges possible. Also, air expands and contracts with ambient temp and the temp of the tire, so there's another variable. As far as only having 1.5 gal of fuel, its a dealership not a circle-k. They have to have someone on the clock take the bike to a gas station to fill it up. Costs money. Costs time.

Ok. Lemme give you some new guy advice before you leave in a huff. You're new. You post a thread bitching about service somewhere. Youre going to get responses, and you're not going to like all of them. So far you got one from a guy who works at a dealer, one from a guy who owns his own shop and one from a professional mechanic. Telling people their posts are offensive, touting your 'pedigree'...doesn't bode well. I'm telling you this because I've seen a lot of guys come here with a certain attitude and leave within a week or two with a very sore ass. You're new. Thank people for their advice. Be gracious. It will go a long way for you. Also, prepare your tender balls for some serious busting over your screen name, its gonna happen.

lol I need to shake you're hand if I ever meet you or hell buy ya a beer hahahaha this was a good post.

Nickelback aside, the steels needed to be replaced. The fibers were worn to ****, but they said the steels were pretty worn too. Aside from spending a few hours at my dad's garage I didn't have another way of verifying it. I know how to use a micrometer, but I'm not going to take apart the clutch housing to verify what the dealership already told me. The $40 difference isn't worth the hour it would take to check.

As far as the tire pressure goes, there are variations between gauges. At our shop the tire pressure gauges have to be calibrated every three months, per FAA regs and that only guarantees them to be within +/- 1 psi. I could definitely see a difference of three between two different gauges possible. Also, air expands and contracts with ambient temp and the temp of the tire, so there's another variable. As far as only having 1.5 gal of fuel, its a dealership not a circle-k. They have to have someone on the clock take the bike to a gas station to fill it up. Costs money. Costs time.

I tested the pressure with 2 different gauges, one digital and one analog. The analog was a shop gauge from Conrad's (there's one right down the street and I know a few guys that work there so I bummed the one from them). The ambient temp was 72F and the bike was completely cold (hadn't been ridden all day and sat in the garage).

Oh, and RR keeps fuel in the garage, because they've filled up other bikes I've had at their service department without leaving the building.

Shit happens on used stuff bro, I wish it was different.  I bought a CPO Subaru from a dealer and the filters looked like they had been in a coal plant chimney and the brake pads were basically just metal on rotors.  Their inspection process was supposed to cover these things.  After a year going back and forth with Subie, I just decided it wasn't worth the hassle over $70 worth of parts and replaced everything myself.  Lesson learned: 70-point inspection means they just look at shit and go 'yup that looks worn out.' sucks to feel duped but in the scheme of things could be worse.

Edited by smashweights

Eh, they should have brought you the steels and a Mic and the service manual and shown you they were bad. I've only ever had to replace the steels in one bike, and it was a 72 cb500. Still think you got taken for a ride and now you're pissed you didn't check this shit, but your ego won't let it be your fault...I haven't seen you take responsibility for one thing you should have checked. Who test rides a bike without putting the coal to it to see if the clutch slips? Who would even buy a bike that looked like it had no oil in it? A guy that really really wanted that particular bike and got sold by a salesman.

Buying a 2013 bike from a dealership, I wouldn't check every little fucking detail before buying it either... It's reasonable to assume that the thing shouldn't have any problems because it's fucking brand new for the most part... He said it rode fine on the way home, so even test riding it before hand he wouldn't have noticed anything... Didn't know all you guys take micrometers and tire pressure gauges with you when you buy new bikes :rolleyes:

Yall are being fucking assholes for no reason... Not sure if you're stuck in group rape mode, or if you're just being cocks to be on brians side so he might think you're cool... Idk what the problem is, but the op is being reasonable and dealing well with you chodes putting all kinds of words in his mouth

Oh, and ftr, CrazySkullCrusher is a fucking gay forum name too. Just saying.

THIS. The guy came in here pissed off, then calmed down and tried to be reasonable and you guys are being pricks. "Lets make fun of his stupid name cuz our forum names are way cooler!!!!!" This site is really full of douchebags sometimes and this is why new people don't stick around.

Edited by CleaveTheGreat
  • Upvote 2

Hey fuck you buddy, all I've ever seen you do on here is get into pissing contests so I don't wanna hear it. I told Sebastian Bach here very politely he was being rude and rude new guys get chewed up pretty quickly. Instead he chose to argue. Idgaf if the bike was owned by one 80 yr old woman and has 500 miles, I'm checking the oil. As for a mic, work on your reading comprehension, he had the clutch done at the dealer and they just told him they needed replaced. Any reputable shop is going to have a set of mics or calipers, would it be that hard for the tech to show him the steels were worn beyond limits?

Bottom line is this guy has one bad experience with a dealer over mostly things he should either have checked or has no right to be mad about, the ecu/butterfly issue notwithstanding. then comes here and wants to use his 8th post ever to try and influence us not to go there based mostly on his ineptitude as a shopper and feeling entitled to a full tank of gas. I call shenanigans on that.

• Upvote 1

If I'm spending 13k on a bike, I would expect it to have a full tank too. I've never seen a new vehicle sold from a reputable dealership without a full tank. My bike had a full tank when I bought it also.

As for reading comprehension in regards to the mic, nobody else in this thread is showing a concept of reading comprehension, so why should I? You can't be upset about that, all I did was twist your words like you're doing to OP.

Bottom line is this guy has one bad experience with a dealer over mostly things he should either have checked or has no right to be mad about, the ecu/butterfly issue notwithstanding. then comes here and wants to use his 8th post ever to try and influence us not to go there based mostly on his ineptitude as a shopper and feeling entitled to a full tank of gas. I call shenanigans on that.

Exactly.

Shit happens on used stuff bro, I wish it was different.  I bought a CPO Subaru from a dealer and the filters looked like they had been in a coal plant chimney and the brake pads were basically just metal on rotors.  Their inspection process was supposed to cover these things.  After a year going back and forth with Subie, I just decided it wasn't worth the hassle over $70 worth of parts and replaced everything myself.  Lesson learned: 70-point inspection means they just look at shit and go 'yup that looks worn out.' sucks to feel duped but in the scheme of things could be worse.

Well this topic is about a brand new bike...I was just saying I had issues with this dealership with a used bike a few years ago. The bike ended up being wonderful after the clutch was replaced, until I sold it. I was fine spending the $100 to get the clutch fixed since the rest of the bike was a dream. It's still one of the best bikes I've ever owned.

Eh, they should have brought you the steels and a Mic and the service manual and shown you they were bad. I've only ever had to replace the steels in one bike, and it was a 72 cb500. Still think you got taken for a ride and now you're pissed you didn't check this shit, but your ego won't let it be your fault...I haven't seen you take responsibility for one thing you should have checked. Who test rides a bike without putting the coal to it to see if the clutch slips? Who would even buy a bike that looked like it had no oil in it? A guy that really really wanted that particular bike and got sold by a salesman.

Well they gave me the fibers, but didn't show me the steels. My guess is (if they really were bad) that the guy that owned it for a year stunted it and tried wheeling all over...good enough way to ruin the clutch quickly, and would also explain how he would trade it in after a year (since nobody would be willing to lose that much $$ in a year unless they knew they ruined the bike).

Anyway, on the way home with the R6 I ripped on it twice -- once on the entrance ramp and once on a straight on the highway. It pulled fine and the clutch didn't slip at all. The next evening while riding 50mph down a street I went to give it a bit of gas to pass and the clutch slipped. Again, that was the only issue I ever had with that bike, and it didn't present itself until the following day.

As for this one, I went over the basics (chain, fluid levels, etc...) and all looked fine when I first got home with the bike. The bike runs great, and it started wonderfully the first few days too. I no-longer have stands, so I couldn't easily check the oil level in the window, but it looked close enough when I was holding the bike and kneeling down. It looked a tad high, but I figured it was only because I wasn't sure if I was holding the bike straight.

Buying a 2013 bike from a dealership, I wouldn't check every little fucking detail before buying it either... It's reasonable to assume that the thing shouldn't have any problems because it's fucking brand new for the most part... He said it rode fine on the way home, so even test riding it before hand he wouldn't have noticed anything... Didn't know all you guys take micrometers and tire pressure gauges with you when you buy new bikes :rolleyes:

Yall are being fucking assholes for no reason... Not sure if you're stuck in group rape mode, or if you're just being cocks to be on brians side so he might think you're cool... Idk what the problem is, but the op is being reasonable and dealing well with you chodes putting all kinds of words in his mouth

Oh, and ftr, CrazySkullCrusher is a fucking gay forum name too. Just saying.

I've had no trouble with the clutch in this bike, that was a used bike I bought a few years ago...but thanks for sticking up. I'm not really sure why everybody is jumping on the rape train for this topic, but I'm fairly certain I'm being calm and fair about this. I'm not going into the dealership rolling heads...I'm expecting something I spent $12k on to work the way it's supposed to and to be prepped the way it's supposed to. It's literally the thing I paid for.

Hey fuck you buddy, all I've ever seen you do on here is get into pissing contests so I don't wanna hear it. I told Sebastian Bach here very politely he was being rude and rude new guys get chewed up pretty quickly. Instead he chose to argue. Idgaf if the bike was owned by one 80 yr old woman and has 500 miles, I'm checking the oil. As for a mic, work on your reading comprehension, he had the clutch done at the dealer and they just told him they needed replaced. Any reputable shop is going to have a set of mics or calipers, would it be that hard for the tech to show him the steels were worn beyond limits?

First, Sebastian Bach wasn't even a singer. He's a composer. I don't even know how someone would get confused with that. Even if it's part of the joke, I'm not sure I get it.

The bike that I'm having an issue with here (with the oil, the fuel, the possible ECU and sensor) is a brand-new 2013 model. It had 2 miles on it when I bought it. I'm not going to go over every aspect of the prep when I pick it up because that's literally what they're supposed to do (and what they said they did). After I got it home I looked at a majority of the points and made sure things were in spec, but without a dipstick or stands it's tough to measure exact oil level by yourself. I've had 3 bad experiences with this dealership, not one, which, AGAIN, I've mentioned multiple times. This is why I keep saying reading comprehension...because people seem to gloss over most of what I say and respond to things I haven't said.

I don't blame the dealership for the ECU/butterfly nonsense since there's no way it would have presented itself in the initial check anyway...the only thing I really blame them for is the oil level. The fuel I don't like, but it's not a necessity.

Only one way to settle this. West side story style rumble.

Deal...but I don't have any combs or switchblades.

That being said...it *IS* weird to buy a new vehicle and not get a full tank of gas. I've bought 2 new cars and two new bikes in the past 3 years and all of them have had a full tank of gas when I pulled out of the lot. It's a bit more than common courtesy...I'd say it's fairly expected.

I'm not saying it's a necessity...but it shows exactly how much the service department, and therefore dealership, cares about making their customers happy. The little things are what shows that fact the most.

First, Sebastian Bach wasn't even a singer. He's a composer. I don't even know how someone would get confused with that. Even if it's part of the joke, I'm not sure I get it.

ummm yes he is. he is the lead singer of skid row. learn 80s metal noob. 

Sebastian+Bach+SebastianBach11.jpg

JOHANN sebastian bach is the composer. 

bach-image.jpg

• Upvote 3

...dont be a dick. It doesn't hurt you any to use your manners when dealing with customer service and it doesnt do anyone any good to make these people's day at work any shittier, you wouldnt want someone to come throw rocks at you while you're on the job. Pretty likely the person you speak with isn't even the one who fucked up.

Agreed. I like to "kill them with kindness" cause then the sales rep knows they can't just kick you out. Plus, it really does go a long way in most cases. Not saying this alwasy works but when it does...