Syria

Casper

US Military Action in Syria  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should the US military strike Syria?

• Yes
    • No

I'm opposed to involvement because we don't need to get involved in their civil war. (Unless involvment means nuking all of the Middle East)

Also, if we do go in, it will be a never ending "peace-keeping" mission again. They won't be willing to do what is necessary to suceed. If they were willing to fully engage with air power, unrentless tomahawks and arty, loosen ROE/EOF, and persue over borders to prevent fleeing/hiding out, we could end this quickly with a significant show of violence of action.

Hell a response like that could get countries to take us seriously again. The Middle East would hate us more, but who really gives a shit about what they think? Once they are out of oil, they will be ignored by the civilized world.

But that won't happen. We'll dip our toe in the water and get stuck in the pool.

Edited by BDBGoalie
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Not real thrilled at all, especially knowing that my son is heading to Ft Benning next June for infantry. 

You may not be thrilled, but he will be much happier in a combat zone doing what he signed up for than dealing with garrison shit and INF training without a target.

I agree, but are we willing to look the other way while the syrian government poisons it's own people?

How big of an atrocity would it have to become to justify our involvement?

What about our people?  There is a point where we should start putting

ourselves first.  We have huge money problems in this country that are

going to continue to haunt us in ways we can not yet imagine.

There are other countries besides us.  With all the money Saudi Arabia has,

why don't they jump in?  The rest of the world hopes we will jump in so that

we become even weaker economically.  This is part of the financial attack

that has been promised will happen to us.  O'fuckhead is just helping it

along.

us a postcard.  Just stop sending our troops into shit that isn't for our defense.

It costs us in lives, money, future progress, friendships, and all sorts of other

shit.  There are too many other countries that can take care of this kind of

crap.  They just let us because our stupid ass government is willing to spend

us into non-existence and they will come in and buy us up for pennies on the

dollar.

Okay then, at what point SHOULD we intervene?

do we allow another holocaust to happen?

There's a point at which we draw the line, and I'm drawing it now.  Let some

of the rest of the world clean up some messes at their expense instead of

ours.  It's always our pockets the rest of the world has it's hands in.  Where

the fuck does it end?

• Upvote 1

They just let us because our stupid ass government is willing to spend

us into non-existence and they will come in and buy us up for pennies on the

dollar.

Wait, Who said we were for sale?

If so...Who has the money to buy us?

China (collectively, if you include all of it's citizens) we owe them a trillion dollars... but if the dollar loses it's value, we owe them less money... if the dollar becomes worthless we owe them a trillion sheets of toilet paper, and we could have charmin pay them in full in under an hour...

That doesn't mean we are for sale, or will ever be for sale...

China (collectively, if you include all of it's citizens) we owe them a trillion dollars... but if the dollar loses it's value, we owe them less money... if the dollar becomes worthless we owe them a trillion sheets of toilet paper, and we could have charmin pay them in full in under an hour...

That doesn't mean we are for sale, or will ever be for sale...

Get your head out of the sand.

We won't owe them in US dollars.

US Dollars will fail to remain the

reserve currency.

These are not my words, but they say a lot.

Last April... in a little-noticed move... Australia announced it was transferring 5% of its currency reserves from the U.S. dollar to the Chinese yuan.

The deal was part of a broader currency agreement between the two countries that allows Australia's leading banks to handle trade settlements between the two countries without the use of the U.S. dollar as a reserve currency.

As CBS Marketwatch explained, "The agreement does away with the need for companies and currency traders to first convert their Australian dollars or yuan into U.S. dollars."

Similar direct-exchange agreements, swap lines, and bilateral trade agreements have now been established between China and virtually every major economy in the world: Japan, Brazil, Russia, India, Britain, and France – not to mention every economy in Asia. These agreements will allow China, the world's dominant consumer of commodities, to completely avoid using the U.S. dollar in virtually all of its raw-material sourcing.

Similar "dollar exclusion" agreements have been formed by Russia with its major trading partners. London-based HSBC, one of the world's largest banks, now predicts that by 2015, the Chinese yuan will equal the U.S. dollar and the euro in cross-border transaction volume.

It won't be long before the USD

will be worthless and we will owe

our debts in a currency far more

valuable and costly than what

our government is printing and

inflating the value of today.

We will never be able to recover

from what is being done to our

country by those in DC.

It won't be long before the USD

will be worthless and we will owe

our debts in a currency far more

valuable and costly than what

our government is printing and

inflating the value of today.

Wait, I haz a confuzed...

By printing more, how are they inflating the value?

I think you're confusing the Terms "inflating" and "inflation"

Inflation

The rate at which the general level of prices for goods and services is rising, and, subsequently, purchasing power is falling. Central banks attempt to stop severe inflation, along with severe deflation, in an attempt to keep the excessive growth of prices to a minimum.

inflating

increase (something) by a large or excessive amount.
"objectives should be clearly set out so as not to duplicate work and inflate costs"
synonyms: increase, raise, boost, escalate, put up;

Wait, I haz a confuzed...

By printing more, how are they inflating the value?

I think you're confusing the Terms "inflating" and "inflation"

I can see that this is not worth discussing, and I don't

think it is me that is confused.

The government cannot pay it's bills, so it prints money

to do so.  It prints more than it has in gold to back up

the value of the paper money it prints.  That makes

our paper money worth less, and it buys us less.  We

become poorer, as a people, as a country.

Watch this:

http://youtu.be/U-tI-Wv1wko

Perhaps inflating the value isn't what I meant to say.

Edited by JackFlash

Maybe YOU'RE confused... we're not on the gold standard anymore... Our currency has reached free market status, which means it's worth exactly what the market will bear...

supply/demand has an effect, but there is also the full faith and credit of the united states government backing it...

Incidently we're the wealthiest single nation, by far... so your "poor house: analogy is falling on deaf ears...

Edited by magley64

Incidently we're the wealthiest single nation, by far... so your "poor house: analogy is falling on deaf ears...

When did you move to Qatar, Singapore or a handful of others depending upon how you measure a countries worth? But no matter how you measure it you don't live in the US if you claim to live in the richest country in the world 'by far'.

Here's to wondering if chemical weapons in Syria becomes Obama's WMDs.  God help us if a single US servicemember dies in Syria eventually.

Actually, they are Bush's WMD's there is little or no doubt they came from Iraq.

• Upvote 1

When did you move to Qatar, Singapore or a handful of others depending upon how you measure a countries worth? But no matter how you measure it you don't live in the US if you claim to live in the richest country in the world 'by far'.

GDP about double our closest rival, china.

Maybe YOU'RE confused... we're not on the gold standard anymore... Our currency has reached free market status, which means it's worth exactly what the market will bear...

Well, I suppose you are right.  I went back and did some reading.

Can I at least get you to admit that your motorcycle is ugly?

• Upvote 1

We may have already been sold.

NEW YORK – Could real estate on American soil owned by China be set up as “development zones” in which the communist nation could establish Chinese-owned businesses and bring in its citizens to the U.S. to work?

That’s part of an evolving proposal Beijing has been developing quietly since 2009 to convert more than $1 trillion of U.S debt it owns into equity.

Under the plan, China would own U.S. businesses, U.S. infrastructure and U.S. high-value land, all with a U.S. government guarantee against loss.

http://pumasunleashed.wordpress.com/2013/01/21/china-will-trade-debt-for-us-land/