Nth Annual Fall Leaf Tour, Oct 6th.

Unk Greg

This year's route:

Depart Danville gas station, heading north on SR514. Turning right onto SR520. There was a bridge construction project at the other end of SR520, on USR62. Traffic maintained with one lane and traffic lights. Group numbered at 9, and able to get thru light on project. Easterly direction on USR62, and taking a left onto SR643. Traveled 643 to New Bedford and short visit to porta-John. All survived that. Headed east on SR651 to Baltic and two stop signs and right onto SR93. Took 93 South to SR 36, and right on 36 - 6 miles of 4 lane to Roscoe Village, which lies next to SR16 and SR36. Dine at Roscoe, check out sites and depart from there. Folks headed out to Newark/Columbus via SR16 (71 miles to Columbus from Roscoe).

Return was by way of SR541 to Martinsburg. Folks heading south continued on from that stop, use of SR586, Dog Hollow Run, or back onto 62 to Utica. Last of folks, turned right at Martinsburg onto USR62 and back to Danville, and ice cream.

No rain, no incidents...other than wife and I finding the wet tar snakes near SR206 and twitching our way on that section of USR62.

Only other no biggie was a step out by yours truly on SR643....whoop and back in straight line.

Good fun, great roads and pretty good service at Warehouse restaurant...others across street for their fare....UnCorked or Medbury Place.

Bladensburg gas station on 541 was $3.07 for regular.....Danville was $3.19 per gallon for regular.

No rain and clear skies....we proceeded at a scooter pace, with wife in lead (mostly).

Thanks one and all....yes weather plays a part, work schedules too. No prob here, nice sized group and comfortable pace.

Next are the:

Next weekend, Coshocton and Mohican have self guided Fall Leaf trips, dunno any more than that.

For me here it'll be...

After the Leaf Tour,

Hard Nipple Ride

Before the Leaf Tour, and prolee a Steak Ride (Iron Pony Saloon).

Happy Holidays yadda, yadda

T'was a good ride.  I'm plumb tuckered out from

two good days off work, on two wheels.  The skies

were threatening at times but nary a drop of

precipitation did I encounter.  Woo hoo!  Buying

a motorsickle was one of the best things I've

ever done.  Too bad more of you didn't get to

join in.  I almost bailed out because of the strong

chance of a rainy day.

Maybe next time.

Greg thanks for setting up the route. It was a good time.

+1

It was nice getting to meet everyone and ride. I was worried about the rain; I'm so glad I didn't bail. I'll post a link to some video when it's done converting. Nothing spectacular, I'm still getting the hang of the camera.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

It was nice getting to meet everyone and ride. I was worried about the rain; I'm so glad I didn't bail. I'll post a link to some video when it's done converting. Nothing spectacular, I'm still getting the hang of the camera.....from porchiefan-fan. :>)

Looking fwd to vids...my batteries always go dead....om

Once upon a time on UP's Scooterific, I ran 555 filming, only no battery life for most of the ride...so much for one handed adventures.....

Thanks again all....leaves still not great. Prolee a year that goes to brown and rain knocks down.

Later,

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles