Nth Annual Fall Leaf Tour, Oct 6th.

Unk Greg

Maybe. I can find Danville/gas station with my eyes closed/brain disengaged.

Breakfast at Pioneer in Utica... yum...

hmmm, enough time to get to FinFeatherFur in Ashland and back, that morning before (back roads).

Sunrise departure to do that. That would be 350 miles combined...

interesting...

If it is cruiser or poker run speeds.....I am out.

I am planning on attending. Quick question, what does a soft pace mean? Soft for a sport bike? Or poker run / cruiser speeds?

As there are only 9 confirmed attending from the other

website (Meet Ups > Columbus Motorcycle Riders > Fall Leaf Tour in Amish Country),

they may or may not be riding in staggered formation.  I'm still going.  They are good people.

I can't make the ride, but maybe I can meet you guys for lunch? Seems kind of silly, but I've never been to Roscoe Village. This looks like the trip to make lunch there happen. My dad past away 5 years ago, this year. His birthday was October 6, 1955... and his name was Roscoe.

This is all bittersweet-ly amusing to me.

Any excuse to ride, and what a great way to remember, good idea.

Wife and I took the run today...shaved an hour off the first tryout. Very interesting roads and lots of fun...for the Roscoe Village arrival time. We left Danville at 11:30AM....wife ran doing the lead on her cruiser, 1 hour and 45 minutes and arrived at Roscoe Village.

Ate run to gas station and topped off ( lil' peanut tank on cruiser ) and return trip to Martinsburg ...where I expect Columbus folks to peel off. Wife and I were at Danville eating ice cream and topping off peanut tank on wife's cruiser, did I mention she had a peanut tank and gets about 95 miles to tank full? Oh yeah, Roscoe and back to Danville and eating ice cream, one hour.

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles

Update....numbers attending floating in and out. Weather impacts. I will be at meet spot and hold until 11:30AM. Your decision on attending. If pouring rain, prolee not a lot of fun.

No worries here, I live in the area and do not have to travel far.

So I am on if any show....and gone by 11:30 if no one shows...

What I saw said 20% until early evening when it hits 40%

60% all day is different matter.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Wait till tomorrow for a real forecast, it will change 5 times before then, I live 13 miles from the meeting point so I'll see last min

sent via GS3

Normally I'd be down for some sprinkles, but I slid my rear tire out on an on-ramp yesterday. I didn't go down, I recovered smoothly but that was luck. Scared me good. My 8 year old Dunlops don't behave like the new Sport Demons did on my Ninjette.

I'll be watching the weather. What's the plan if it turns nasty while we're out?

Edited by porschefan

The rain Friday after work was indeed more slippery than normal. Even with all due care, I whipped the rear wheel out at least twice. I was even up one gear to cut torque response.

starting to wonder if RoadSmarts are all that smart...

Edited by ReconRat

The rain Friday after work was indeed more slippery than normal. Even with all due care, I whipped the rear wheel out at least twice. I was even up one gear to cut torque response.

Hmm. I hadn't thought of running a gear higher than normal.

Big negative to touring tires is its hard to get heat into them especially if it's raining. It rained down at the gap on us last week and I whipped her around a couple times too. But I don't like the rain period and avoid it at all cost so I'm not going to buy a tire to accommodate the situation, because it will be a less than 1% of the time deal.

sent via GS3

Big negative to touring tires is its hard to get heat into them especially if it's raining. It rained down at the gap on us last week and I whipped her around a couple times too. But I don't like the rain period and avoid it at all cost so I'm not going to buy a tire to accommodate the situation, because it will be a less than 1% of the time deal.

sent via GS3

got it. Those were indeed cold tires. One of my biggest surprises was wet tires in the morning at 35-38 degrees. I think the turning tire created wind chill and froze. That's uber slippery when turning. It's wet at first, and suddenly freezes. Have to gently work the tire left and right till it's warmer. Otherwise laying it into the first corner of any type will slide out. One morning I turned the bike 180 degrees at the first slow speed turn. It happens fast, real fast. Stayed up though.

Accuweather says thunderstorms at 1am, 4am, 6am, and rain at 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm, 6pm, 7pm, and 9pm.

weather gov says .16" typical average over night and light .12" on Sunday and heavy .81" after 9pm.

This is "dodge the storm weather"... ride whatever direction avoids it if possible, or punch through it

edit: it's midnight, and forecast changed:

weather gov says heavy .58 average over night and .36" on Sunday and heavy .81" after 9pm.

Edited by ReconRat

Still in my driveway! One just emailed me from Columbus....just starting out. I'll be there in half hour....one bridge out between us. Girls at BP have breakfast sammiches.....I think Mike will be there shortly...riding a tall Ducati....see ya soon.