Ios7

Scruit

just saw a pic of what it looks like from my buddy and I think I'll pass on getting it for as long as I can. Not to mention it wants me to have 3GB of space available to DL the damn thing

768M download, then needs space to decompress. Not unusual. 

yea i remember having to delete a bunch of shit for the last big update. Usually I'd just delete music and put it back on but due to the new computer I'm not in that position yet

That's what you get when you buy the 3.5" 1.44mb iPhone.

I like the new iOS...the one feature I wish they'd implement is when opening an app from a folder, close the folder automatically so that when I close the app, I go to the "home screen" (one of many) rather than that folder. When I had the jailbreak, I implemented that change and it was awesome.

I like the new iOS...the one feature I wish they'd implement is when opening an app from a folder, close the folder automatically so that when I close the app, I go to the "home screen" (one of many) rather than that folder. When I had the jailbreak, I implemented that change and it was awesome.

Agreed with this 100%

Ben, keep trying, took me 40 mins but just got it past that point. 

iPhones are for iDiots

Buddy of mine bought an S3 when I got my iP5.   He said the same thing.  I have YET to have to reboot my phone.  His S3 needs weekly reboots.  My DroidX was even worse.  

So that's more like iPhones are for people who don't what to have to continually fix broken crap on their phones.

Edited by Scruit
  • Upvote 2

So I am probably not one to comment as I don't really do all the cell phone stuff others do, I use it to call people(novel approach), text, email, and maps.  I have a few apps like banking and weather.  THat's about it.  I don't do the jailbreaks, I don't even know what those are actually, I don't have games, I started taking pics with Luke now, but really don't know much about that either.

But in the end, I really like it.  Still very user friendly and able to get to what I want when I want and do whatever.  I like the new way to close the things I use, I like that I can access my calendar from the front screen cuz I never know what day it is.  I do not however like the passcode thing everytime.  I just never used one because I didn't care if my phone was open or whatever, it's on me all the time anyways so no real need.  

In the end though, I like it a lot.  Interested to see battery life tomorrow and how it holds up.

iOS 7 is the best thing to come to iPhones since 3G... I was very involved in the jailbreaking community since firmware 1.1.4 and this iteration of iOS is almost perfect. There is an issue with the background picture selection - when you try to use a photo, it auto zooms and won't let you zoom out. Pretty sure this is a issue with pixels allowed vs a bug but still - annoying. The pop up messages and flatness of this design is perfect, the ability to singularly select a font size is excellently executed. All and all, great job apple.

Go on android fan boys, apple has shown once again why they rein-supreme.

Edited by jdonn
  • Upvote 1