Jets fan punches a girl

Scruit

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/jets-fan-punches-pats-gal-big-victory-article-1.1491263

I'm really torn on this one.  I don't know what went on before the start of this video - but what I see is two girls running after a man who is backing away.  The blond girl charges toward him and stops suddenly in what looks like a left hand punch landed by HER - then he punches her.

Gallantry tells me that you don't hit a woman.  My fight training makes me wonder if he could have defended himself from this girl without punching her.  (Push, redirect, step aside,  grab an arm and push her aside)

I'm 50/50 on this one.  If his story is that she landed a punch then I would say he has a right to defend himself, especially given two aggressors.  If she was just "getting in his face" and yelling then the punch could easily be considered be over the top. 

Men should not hit women.  UNLESS the woman is in the process of attacking the man, then the man can do what is reasonable to stop the attack.   If I kick a pitbull and it bites me, nobody would blame the dog, right?

Now, I have punched/kicked women many times - but they were all wearing sparring gear.  :boxing:    You should never underestimate the speed and accuracy of a smaller/lighter opponent, especially if you are big and slow and have to rely on power.  We have a BB that is half my age and weight - and he kicks my ass up and down the mat every damn time we spar.

Edited by Scruit
  • Upvote 1

If you can't take a punch to the face from a woman, you can't consider yourself a man.... my $.02.

Grab, deflect, immobilize, but don't punch...

The only exception i would accept is if there is a sparring match as scruit mentioned. She goes into the ring knowing that is the whole point.

edit:

Note that he had no problem deflecting shots from the dude in the blue shirt directly after he plowed his fist into that blonde chicks face.... He just wanted to be a dick and succeeded.

Edited by magley64

If a woman steps up to a man and is going throw a punch like she is a man...she should expect to be held accountable for that action just like a man.  If women should be treated equal, that's as equal as it gets, folks.

We know not every man is going to hit a woman back, but in some cases it's justified. 

Maybe the best movie line ever...

• Upvote 1

You don't have to be a sexist to know that women have much less muscle mass than men in general...

Let's say I walked up to James 'Bones' Jones and punched him square in the face.  He then proceeded to kick my ass.  Everyone around would say what the hell was that dude thinking?  He deserved to get his ass beat.

If a women punched punches a man in the face...is she so inferior that she should be protected from the consequences of her own actions?  

In this country we like to say that men and women are equal.  And it's a lot closer than in most countries, but this in an obvious example where reality does not match the message of equality.

Edited by Tpoppa

Can't watch the video at work, but I'm going to hazard a guess that this is one of those videos where women are acting super aggressive and swinging on a man, and then one takes a shot to the jaw and everyone acts all stunned that she caught an earned one.

How close did I get?

If you can't take a punch to the face from a woman, you can't consider yourself a man.... my $.02.

Grab, deflect, immobilize, but don't punch...

The only exception i would accept is if there is a sparring match as scruit mentioned. She goes into the ring knowing that is the whole point.

edit:

Note that he had no problem deflecting shots from the dude in the blue shirt directly after he plowed his fist into that blonde chicks face.... He just wanted to be a dick and succeeded.

Going to have to disagree on the first part of this.  I can tell you with certantity my wife would break your entire face with her first punch, not just your nose, but structural bones, and most likely you would need surgery to save your life before your lungs filled with blood from everything that was smashed up.  She trains for it, and has been for several years.

I do not agree with hitting a woman unless you are truly in fear for your life, and that would take a lot, but I can assure you there are women out there, not just in the UFC etc. that would destroy any male on here, even with if the male has some training background.

As Scruit said, there's a BB that is younger, quicker, more agile, and they are able to beat up on people who have been training longer, and more expierence.  There's a lot of variables, but when the female(my wifes case) is a 2nd degree BB, trained exclusively by a BB that is some degree they don't even have a name for, along with a 10th degree BB, who was/is also the training manager for several SWAT teams locally, they don't train to hurt.  They train to completly wreck the agressor.  There is no contest training they only train full contact sparring with full pads and are not allowed to back off punches, kicks, anything because that can breeed bad habbits.  No one is allowed to compete in anything except a full contact contest, and he also makes them train for self defense along side the karate. 

If I wasn't with my wife and she decided to hit me, I would hit her back, if I wasn't dead and she was the aggressor, however, if that wasn't the case, yeah, don't hit womenz.

Blue0636, Cox, and Murse have seen the wife, they know she'd destroy about anyone she ever encountered.  Then again, if that didn't work she'd just have to shoot them.  Hehe

Can't watch the video at work, but I'm going to hazard a guess that this is one of those videos where women are acting super aggressive and swinging on a man, and then one takes a shot to the jaw and everyone acts all stunned that she caught an earned one.

How close did I get?

Ding ding ding?

Going to have to disagree on the first part of this.  I can tell you with certantity my wife would break your entire face with her first punch, not just your nose, but structural bones, and most likely you would need surgery to save your life before your lungs filled with blood from everything that was smashed up.  She trains for it, and has been for several years.

I do not agree with hitting a woman unless you are truly in fear for your life, and that would take a lot, but I can assure you there are women out there, not just in the UFC etc. that would destroy any male on here, even with if the male has some training background.

As Scruit said, there's a BB that is younger, quicker, more agile, and they are able to beat up on people who have been training longer, and more expierence.  There's a lot of variables, but when the female(my wifes case) is a 2nd degree BB, trained exclusively by a BB that is some degree they don't even have a name for, along with a 10th degree BB, who was/is also the training manager for several SWAT teams locally, they don't train to hurt.  They train to completly wreck the agressor.  There is no contest training they only train full contact sparring with full pads and are not allowed to back off punches, kicks, anything because that can breeed bad habbits.  No one is allowed to compete in anything except a full contact contest, and he also makes them train for self defense along side the karate. 

If I wasn't with my wife and she decided to hit me, I would hit her back, if I wasn't dead and she was the aggressor, however, if that wasn't the case, yeah, don't hit womenz.

Blue0636, Cox, and Murse have seen the wife, they know she'd destroy about anyone she ever encountered.  Then again, if that didn't work she'd just have to shoot them.  Hehe

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're exaggerating... even heavyweight boxers don't break bones like that. She might hit me hard enough to knock me out, but it would take more force than an unassisted punch to do the things you're describing. (not only does she have to hit me with enough force to break the bones, but accelerate faster than my head would move during the hit)

As the fist hits the face, the face reacts by moving in the same direction after the initial impact.... it's physics.

I still wouldn't hit her..and most certainly not in the face.

Edited by magley64

ANY woman?   Some women can hold their own just fine.

Also, as madcat said, a good student with good training can fight waaay above their belt, regardless of age / gender.

• Upvote 1

• Upvote 1

No, trust me I am not.  Placement is everything with facial structure, it's all about training.  She can knock you out with her finger, placed correctly, trust me on this.  Granted this is an isolated case, which I get, just saying it is possible.

If you want to talk physics, anatomy, all that jazz, I can get her to discuss it, actually she won't because she hates people, but I can assure you she knows what she is talking about. 

Craig, you know I can't watch movies at work A hole.  And as Scruit said, training is what it's all about.  Or the fact she has a PHD and studied anatomy, biology, physics, for 8 years to get it and works with it daily in her profession, paired with her extensive training.    Either way, I wouldn't want her to punch me :)

Edited by madcat6183

Magz:

Heavyweight boxers don't break each other's bones because they wear boxing gloves.  In the real world people don't use gloves. 

Broken bones in the face from punches are all too common. 

http://forum.freeadvice.com/civil-litigation-46/1-punch-broken-cheek-bone-nose-120862.html

16 yo male, single punch on 15yo male, cracked cheekbone from eye socket to mouth

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/crime/fan-s-eye-socket-broken-in-pub-punch-up-on-newcastle-vs-sunderland-derby-day-1-5339743

Punch broke a man's eye socket in a barroom fight

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2332337/Hollyoaks-star-left-broken-cheek-bone-fractured-eye-socket-attacked-stranger-Leicester-Square-2-30am.html

Single punch broke cheekbone and eye socket

No, trust me I am not.  Placement is everything with facial structure, it's all about training.  She can knock you out with her finger, placed correctly, trust me on this.  Granted this is an isolated case, which I get, just saying it is possible.

*cough* bullshit... sorry...

I've got a strong enough grasp of the physics involved. Unless you can prove any of this I'm going to continue to call bullshit.

Not that I want anyone's wife hitting me, I'm going to stick to my standards and ensure you that there is no reason to punch a woman in the face... any woman... for any reason...

are there women who can knock me out? ... I'm sure of it

Would I hit any of them, especially in the face? Absolutely not.

*cough* bullshit... sorry...

I've got a strong enough grasp of the physics involved. Unless you can prove any of this I'm going to continue to call bullshit.

Not that I want anyone's wife hitting me, I'm going to stick to my standards and ensure you that there is no reason to punch a woman in the face... any woman... for any reason...

are there women who can knock me out? ... I'm sure of it

Would I hit any of them, especially in the face? Absolutely not.

You got so caught up in your paradoxically-chauventistic victim-mentality diatribe that you apparently missed my response which contained the evidence you seek.

It's easy:

1) A man should not hit a woman

2) A woman should not hit a man

3) Any person has the right to use reasonable force to stop an attack.

• Upvote 3

You got so caught up in your paradoxically-chauventistic victim-mentality diatribe that you apparently missed my response which contained the evidence you seek.

It's easy:

1) A man should not hit a woman

2) A woman should not hit a man

3) Any person has the right to use reasonable force to stop an attack.

There is no evidence that those were open air shots (meaning there was nothing behind the head to  stop it accelerating with the punch)

I concur with what you're saying...

The situation depicted in that video is not "reasonable" force in my opinion.

He wasn't taking any damage from that woman.

Edited by magley64

I concur with what you're saying...

The situation depicted in that video is not "reasonable" force in my opinion.

He wasn't taking any damage from that woman.

Serious question, how many fights have you found yourself in?

• Upvote 1