Best got - damn homemade wings ever.

Gixxus Christ!

I love wings. I'm picky about them; they must be crispy. This usually involves deep frying. Deep fryers take up space and deep frying is generally bad for you. My old go to for wings was the bw3 not far from my home but they charge over a buck a wing. Yes the servers are cute and there's beer and sports but I have a cute girl, a flat screen and a beer fridge at home. My quest began for the perfect baked wing. I tried many techniques and recipes before the one I'm about to share and it makes wings so crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside they are indistinguishable from deep fried. The secret strangely enough is baking powder. It does something to the skin that makes it brown and crisp up perfectly. I can't speak for the sauces in this recipe because I made my own, but if you follow the cooking directions you will be amazed.

http://www.ourbestbites.com/2013/09/crispy-oven-baked-chicken-wings/

• Upvote 2

Thanks man.  You may have just saved me a fortune.  Family LOVES wings, and our go-to is BW&R in Centerville.    Like you said, they're now over a buck PER WING unless you go on Tues night, then they're "only" $.79 each.   That helps, but stilllll. 

Will give these a try. 

If it doesn't work, may look into one of the mini fryers, like a Fry Daddy or something.   It would pay for itself quickly.  

people who consider BW3 a superior wing can't be trusted no matter if they 15 cents a piece

Agree, BW3 blows when it comes to wings.

BW3 is only allowed if the alternative is wings from Pizza Hut or some other place that buys them in a bag, frozen and just heats them up.

Agree, BW3 blows when it comes to wings.

BW3 is only allowed if the alternative is wings from Pizza Hut or some other place that buys them in a bag, frozen and just heats them up.

Bw3 is the best option in massillon that I've found and I honestly don't understand what's bad about them. The only complaints I have are the price and the size of the wings. Every time I've gotten them there they have come out hot, crispy, done all the way through, juicy and covered in sauce. Is there something I'm missing here? Anyway glad some of you have the gratitude to thank me for the recipe instead of troll me on my wing restaurant of choice.

Try one of these.

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Nesco-JS-4000TW-American-Harvest-Jet-Stream-Oven/4308279/product.html

Wings turn out just like deep fried, without oil or anything.

Lol...it's out of stock...at overstock.com. If I wanted another appliance taking up cupboard and counter space I'd buy a fryer. My recipe allows me to use the oven that's already in my kitchen and make crispy wings.

Bw3 is the best option in massillon that I've found and I honestly don't understand what's bad about them. The only complaints I have are the price and the size of the wings. Every time I've gotten them there they have come out hot, crispy, done all the way through, juicy and covered in sauce. Is there something I'm missing here? Anyway glad some of you have the gratitude to thank me for the recipe instead of troll me on my wing restaurant of choice.

Size and price has always been my #1 complaint there.

#2 is half the time they overcook the shit out of them like reallllllly bad. I like a nice crispy wing too but there is a fine line between crisp and overdone

#3 I think their sauces are pretty lackluster and they never sauced enough for my taste. 

#4 I've never much liked ANY of the chain wing joints I've tried. I even have my gripes with QS&L

I think it will become my goal to find somewhere around here that produces a worthy wing

that jet stream thingie sounds a lot like a showtime rotisserie grill.

during those late night/early mornings during college, I would imagine the very convincing gentleman selling the appliance, with the Mr Rogers sincerity, screaming in the tubby mustachio'd studio audience members face, over and over and over "JUST SET IT AND FORGET IT YOU STUPID SHIT"

Size and price has always been my #1 complaint there.

#2 is half the time they overcook the shit out of them like reallllllly bad. I like a nice crispy wing too but there is a fine line between crisp and overdone

#3 I think their sauces are pretty lackluster and they never sauced enough for my taste.

#4 I've never much liked ANY of the chain wing joints I've tried. I even have my gripes with QS&L

I think it will become my goal to find somewhere around here that produces a worthy wing

My house does now. You'll have to stop by for lunch some day.

I deep fry for 8-10 min then dip. Bake at 350F for 15 min and they are best wings for me anywhere.

I use red hot brand sauce. Not the wing specific sauce. Mix with melted butter. Literally the best ever by my standards.

• Upvote 1

I deep fry for 8-10 min then dip. Bake at 350F for 15 min and they are best wings for me anywhere.

I use red hot brand sauce. Not the wing specific sauce. Mix with melted butter. Literally the best ever by my standards.

I like Louisiana hot sauce even better.

Crusher, one of these days, we will have to take a ride. I will introduce you to the best wings I have ever eaten in my life. They come from a local BBQ joint. They are smoked first lightly. Not over powering .They are popped into the deep fryer to crisp them up. You don't even need sauce. 

Edited by oldschoolsdime92

Not willing to travel more than 15 minutes for wings.

If we go for a motorcycle ride this spring, you've gotta eat lunch somewhere ;)

Revel- company 7 bbq. Its a family owned place. Its kind of big for a mom and pop restaurant, but they pull it off well. The brisket is OK, the pulled pork is decent. They also offer some great smoked sausage, and smoked pulled chicken and turkey. I've had it all and its all good, but the wings, they are the best wings I've ever had. Love the smokey , crispy goodness. Their sauces are decent as well. The wings come out naked and you can add whatever/however much sauce you want. They have 6 to choose from. 

• Upvote 1