Ohio Motorcycle (Oakwood and Hilliard) Closed

Tonik

Rick and Dave have done a lot of us (Ohio Riders, as well as Carie and I). They're great guys. Hell, there's been a large Ohio Riders decal on the front door for years. They've been the meet up location for rides, let us host our picture run there, let us host toy drives there, etc. I don't know the details behind the closing, but it certainly saddens me. I hope Rick and Dave the best of luck in their next adventures. Hopefully it involves a motorcycle shop in the near future. 

• Upvote 1

I'd like to say they had "In Stock" parts and great service, but every part had to be ordered, all items were overpriced, and the service was not always there. And I don't own an old bike.

As far as deals ... I've tried multiple times to buy multiple bikes and have been met with zero deals. I've had great luck with dealerships in Canton. They have hit deals "out of the PARK".

Sorry to see any dealership go.

The only "shining Star" was Brandon. I wish him luck in the future.

Grew up right around the corner from the Hilliard location. Made many trips there to drool over new bikes and just check out random cool stuff....EVERY SINGLE TIME i was met with the same D-Bag sales guy who was nothing but a prick.

I never tried to sit on bikes, or even touch them - always had the respect for things like that, but this guy just blew me off and treated me with total disrespect. That I've never understood from sales guys...I'm not touching stuff, I don't have money today - but I might have a lot tomorrow...why not greet me with a smile and tell me to have fun looking - might actually find a lifetime customer in there. Anyway, my $.02. 

All that said, having been on the other side of the business owner equation, it churns my stomach to think about a decision to scuttle it like that, and I hope whomever the owners aren't in dire straits as a result.

I bought my zx14 at the Oakwood store and was going to buy another there but would never set foot in there again after the service manager threw a hissy fit because he was told to do an appraisal on my zx14 and my buddies busa and it was snowing. He was screaming and swearing at the sales guy telling him he was a fucking idiot and the owner was the one that told the sales guy to have him do the appraisal. 

Dang, hate to hear this. They were the closest Triumph dealership to me. Serviced several bikes under warranty for me and did a few recalls. I was on a first name basis with some of the guys in the service department. Really hate to see that place go. Means I have to go all the way to Akron or Erie, PA now.

Got an email yesterday that they're open under new management.

Interesting, that would explain why the 'we are closing' posts on facebook came down. Perhaps word got out...someone came along and offered to buy it....dunno. Odd part, I got a call late yesterday from Linda, the fiance/title person at Oakwood. She was checking to make sure I got my title. She didn't say a word about them staying open. Maybe she didn't know, maybe Oakwood isn't going to reopen? The plot thickens.

Did the email you got say both locations or just Hilliard?

Dunno. Just said, "We're open. Stop in and see the same friendly faces just under new management." That was the entire message. The sender was "Ohio Motorcycle" from a gmail address. No details.

Thank goodness! Now let's get back to talking about how we won't buy a bike unless the dealership takes a loss and how we use the brick and mortars to try stuff on and then buy online. All is well.

Really is good to see this. I've never purchased there, but I've sat on a few Thruxtons in Oakwood.

• Upvote 1

Thank goodness! Now let's get back to talking about how we won't buy a bike unless the dealership takes a loss and how we use the brick and mortars to try stuff on and then buy online. All is well

Yea that is a pretty salient point.

If I were to close a power sports business, it would be at the end of a season, to avoid carrying 4 months of low-sales salaries, inventory, insurance, overhead, etc. Really hope they stay open though - choice is good.

If I were to close a power sports business, it would be at the end of a season, to avoid carrying 4 months of low-sales salaries, inventory, insurance, overhead, etc. Really hope they stay open though - choice is good.

Then you'd be out of business in no time.  Dealerships are starting to not even lay off people during winter because they focus on service and after sales.  If you were to close a dealership for 4 months, you'd lose customers.  That's not what is going on here...  Nobody does that.

He doesn't mean "closed until spring", Brian. He means there's no advantage to keeping the doors open during the winter if you're not going to be around in the spring.

My bad. Then yes. I was like WTF? I think it also makes sense to avoid the next year if possible also in terms of taxes.

• Upvote 1