unOFFICIAL OR SoreButtapalooza to Mt. Rushmore.

Tonik

Very nice Tonic. We will be the coolest kids at the Prom. A group photo with the real rock in the background would be most awesome. Now I need some ambition to get out in the garage and do some work on the bikes. Nathan from RD gave me a killer deal on a new windshield for the Wing and the Super Hawk needs tires. Working in the filth that winter brings especially this year has sucked the life out of me. I am ready for a good ride.

Yep, we will do the group photo at Mt. Rushmore.  I am a camera buff so I will have all my gear, should be able to get the tripod in the trunk.  They are all otw to you guys, just sent them regular mail.

You mean like up five posts? Wife wanted to see if we could both get into the 5X and take a selfie. I talked her out of it.

You should have done it would have been good for a laugh I got the shirt and it looks good

The wife let me know I kind of messed up our 39 year anniversary is June 15. OOPS We will have to be partying that night when I call her.

Edited by HeavyDuty

Oh man! Put me in the interested group. I was planning a trip about this time to go to Seattle. I just wouldn't be returning with you all. I have a baby brother that I haven't seen in three years that's living out there.

The only thing that is keeping me from committing is I am in the middle of buying my first house. I am a nervous wreck about the finances.

Thanks Jerry for telling me about this gem!

Oh man! Put me in the interested group. I was planning a trip about this time to go to Seattle. I just wouldn't be returning with you all. I have a baby brother that I haven't seen in three years that's living out there.

The only thing that is keeping me from committing is I am in the middle of buying my first house. I am a nervous wreck about the finances.

Done and welcome aboard!  Get your hotel resv for whatever nights you will be with us. Looks like stuff is filling up.

Hey Jon. Would be nice if you can make this. Even for just the Mt. Rushmore leg. Only problem is I won't be able to drool all over that MV Agusta. Gonna be a good time. Lookin forward to some two up rides this year.

Yea, this has been a tough spring. Most of the salt is gone from around here except I noticed today the turnpike put down a bunch more Saturday morning because of that tiny bit of snow we had. That sucks as it is my route to work. But f' it. Thursday and/or Friday I am riding to work.

I ordered a new rain suit for the trip the kind that has all the padding knees hips spine elbows shoulders. It has a very good rating on the web and very good reviews with one saying they road for 8 hours in a downpour and stayed dry the whole time. Well it came yesterday don’t know how good it will be I tried it on it fit very good but when I walked out to show the wife she could not stop laughing for 20 minutes. I’m going to keep it because we road home from Yellowstone with no rain gear a few years ago and it rained on us for 1500 miles. It’s black with silver trim reflectors. You guy might get a good laugh out of it also if we hit some rain I hope we don’t. I might take a mental health day Monday get the bike out and head to Peninsula.

I have all season tour pants with a rain liner and ill prob wear my m2r touring jacket that is fairly water proof has kept me dry in most situations. Not too worried about riding in a down pour because i just wont do it,  steady rain no problem but any more than that it's just not worth it in my opinion. Plus i have found the Connie seems to throw most of the water away from me anyway.

I have puffy over sized rain gear I put on over my regular riding clothes. Have not decided if I am dressing like a pirate for this trip or like a power ranger. Will depend on the weather forecast. My pirate gear is for when it is cool/cold. Power ranger for warm/hot. I am hoping for power ranger gear of course.

I have been riding at least once per week for the last few weeks. Finally got the salt washed off. Hopefully we are near the end of road salt for the year.

My yard is like soup with it still frozen the water has no where to go. So going to and from my bike shed ive been baja(ing) it to and from, so right now the ol connie looks like she's been running the mud trails.:D