unOFFICIAL OR SoreButtapalooza to Mt. Rushmore.

Tonik

Yep, I take the turnpike to the airport almost every day and see up to four patrols in my 30 min ride. Crews are making repairs from this brutal winter and still working on widening to three lanes out to Stanton, which isn't likely to be done by the time we go through there. Fortunately, traffic slows to about 50, but never turns into stop-and-go.

Swanton...damn ipad.

Ezpass works great all the way through Illinois.

Looks like a blast guys. I haven't read through everything but be sure to hit Vanocker Canyon nice ride. Watch your speed in SD they don't allow much leeway. I had the wife pick me up an ez-pass holder at bed bath & beyond was like $10 black plastic with suction cups. I'd join you guys but I cant do two Sturgis runs this year

Gas receipts in Ohio is going to be annoying. The pumps don't spit them out 9 times out of 10. Going to have to go see the dude/dudette in the little hut. TYVM for the SD speeding tip Tim, and yea Vanocker Canyon is part of day two.

Gas receipts in Ohio is going to be annoying. The pumps don't spit them out 9 times out of 10. Going to have to go see the dude/dudette in the little hut. TYVM for the SD speeding tip Tim, and yea Vanocker Canyon is part of day two.

its alright, that way u guys get to take picture with them as well :)  

Great news my weekly vacation for the week of the 9th has been approved. Still waiting to see if I got my floating holiday for the 16th but even if denied I think I'll be ill that day. :D

Edited by 2talltim

Great news my weekly vacation for the week of the 9th has been approved. Still waiting to see if I got my floating holiday for the 16th but even if denied I think I'll be ill that day. :D

Congrats. I am ready to go. This trip will not come soon enough!

It is pretty sad when my biggest concern is now the documentation portion of the ride. I really want the IBA certification. It gets my butt from the need to run a full marathon.

Run the marathon, you'll never regret it. I did the 2010 Glass City in 3:46. It was an amazing experience.

Run the marathon, you'll never regret it. I did the 2010 Glass City in 3:46. It was an amazing experience.

I ran a half marathon yesterday. So right now, a marathon sounds like a terrible idea. In a couple days, I will definitely feel differently.

At 3:46, you had a great run. My fastest half was only a 1:59.

• Upvote 1

Congrats. I am ready to go. This trip will not come soon enough!

I can honestly say my count down has just begun, i'm very pessimistic and don't like let downs so i do get pumped about anything till it's a sure thing.

Excellent, although I never had any doubt. This trip feels right, everyone its going to make it.

I did, my work sucks and don't care that you have a life outside that place. Now I'm officially excited 

It is pretty sad when my biggest concern is now the documentation portion of the ride. I really want the IBA certification. It gets my butt from the need to run a full marathon.

The certification is really the last thing I am after in this trip. Yes it a cool thing, and yes i want to do it but just the personal satisfaction is all I'm after. I mean to me its just a piece of paper, I don't need anyone else telling me what i have and have not accomplished in my life. Not trying to take anything away from it for anyone, it's just the way i see things. My wife often gets mad at me when i go places and don't take enough pictures but to me the memories are in my head and heart.

I only run out of necessity, if im going to die or if i gotta poop :lol:

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

I am not too worried about the documentation. It looks easy peasy. The letter here is easy, my wife will sign for anyone that doesn't have a wife or a pal that will sign this end.  Far end, someone at the hotel or the last gas station will sign. It will be fine.

Now, all of us being able to do it...on the same exact day....that is the wild card. Everybody has a bad day.

I think I'm going to head north and a bit west on the 14th to capture Montana, then march across North Dakota to stay in Fargo that night. Sunday, I'll make my way through the U.P. and probably stop in Machinaw for the night with an easy ride home Monday.

Just ordered my new rear tire. Going to be close if I wear out the current one before I go. I f'ing hate the current tire so I will most probably change it out anyway. I know, a Dragon run in two weeks will wear it out.  Stupid factory Kawasaki Bridgestones. They suck.

Just ordered my new rear tire. Going to be close if I wear out the current one before I go. I f'ing hate the current tire so I will most probably change it out anyway. I know, a Dragon run in two weeks will wear it out. Stupid factory Kawasaki Bridgestones. They suck.

I've got one sitting on the shelf ready to put in after the Gap trip. ALL of my vacation is now approved...getting excited now!

Guys on the ride out and I will take the anchor position I do not think you will want to listen to my pipes at 80+ mph for too long. But I will take my turn at plowing the road to be fair when you want me to. I got out for a 250 mile ride today and my hips are sore. I need to get in a lot of saddle time between now and when we go to get back in riding shape.

I got ear plugs, and I use them on long trips. Keeping the noise out on a long haul makes a huge difference for me. I stay a ton more refreshed and alert. Wife and I probably did 300 today going down to Big Muskie. Yea, I need to practice more. Definitely going to do an emergency 4 day dragon run. Nothing like 500-300-300-500 to get back in the swing of things.

If i must i will, but i don't want to lead at all, one of the biggest appeals to this trip to me is " i don't have to play tour guide" seems like when ever I'm on vacation i always have to take the lead and this trip i'm going to enjoy being a follower.

I'm doing 3 days of trail riding on the quad this weekend, you might not think that will condition me much but usually after a weekend like this i cant walk monday morning and it takes me 3 or 4 days to recover.