unOFFICIAL OR SoreButtapalooza to Mt. Rushmore.

Tonik

I probably shouldn't lead. I tend to pay more attention to the surrounding hazards and cagers than the speed. If you wanna make some time, I can help. However, on a trip like this, medium and steady wins the long distance race.

I do not mind leading. just wanted to give you a heads up. I also wear ear plugs on long fast freeway rides at 60 my bike is not loud Im only running about 1800rpm at 80 about 2800rpm anything above 3000rpm it gets LOAD

Edited by HeavyDuty

For safety and liability purposes when they test tires they cannot have any failures of at least 2 times the speed rating so you are good. When I worked for Eaton Corp our hydraulic hose could not fail at 3 times its stated working pressure

At 130 that could cut our time down to under 10 hours counting gas and food stops :bow::lol:

Edited by HeavyDuty

Gonna be a piece of cake. Just did 750 in the car to Memphis in just over 11 hours. No problem. Bike is more comfy than car. I recovered nicely on Beale Street with some BBQ and Beer. That was yesterday. Proly more BBQ and Beer tonight. Listened to some good Blues as well. Can't wait guys. Sitting in the FedEx center now.

New tires, valves checked, all new fluids, and new fork seals. I am almost ready to go. I need to increase the quantity of music on my phone and get an EZPass. I am going to ride into PA the week before, so I may ride over the PA turnpike and get an EZ Pass there. That will be a nice little 700 mile warm up weekend. I am getting stoked.

Rear tire and oil change when i get back from the gap trip. If i feel froggy and have time i might change my cam sensor o ring, it's got a anoying leak that just leaves a few drips on the header when it sits and i get a little smoke on start ups.

I need to increase the quantity of music on my phone

I just learned this recently, but with a bit of searching you can find damn near any album on youtube.  Just grab the url and take it to a website that will convert it to mp3 or whatever you need. i got lucky, there was a hack for Pandora a few years ago...I captured a pandora stream for days and days on my work computer. It split and labeled all the songs for me.

I just learned this recently, but with a bit of searching you can find damn near any album on youtube.  Just grab the url and take it to a website that will convert it to mp3 or whatever you need. i got lucky, there was a hack for Pandora a few years ago...I captured a pandora stream for days and days on my work computer. It split and labeled all the songs for me.

Music maniac app on play store. You can search for entire albums

I definitely need to look into these. I need to upsize my micro SD card. I have been using the same 16gb card for years. I was thinking about putting in a 64gb card and put more of the music from my hard drive on there. There would still be plenty of room for photos.

I definitely need to look into these. I need to upsize my micro SD card. I have been using the same 16gb card for years. I was thinking about putting in a 64gb card and put more of the music from my hard drive on there. There would still be plenty of room for photos.

Double check compatibility for your phone on the interwebs, some 64s have issues with some phones.