unOFFICIAL OR SoreButtapalooza to Mt. Rushmore.

Tonik

I'm 50/50 on my oil change, not due when we leave but over due(by my standards) when we get back.

Got my x grip phone thing mounted yesterday, wish I would have ordered the shorter arm :banghead:

I'm 50/50 on my oil change, not due when we leave but over due(by my standards) when we get back.

Got my x grip phone thing mounted yesterday, wish I would have ordered the shorter arm :banghead:

Won't cause any real harm but as soon as the miles tic over it will drive you crazy as you go down the road.  I have an extra arm at home, might be the short one. I know I have one of each, pretty sure I am using the long one. I will check tonight.

Edited by Tonik

Won't cause any real harm but as soon as the miles tic over it will drive you crazy as you go down the road. I have an extra arm at home, might be the short one. I know I have one of each, pretty sure I am using the long one. I will check tonight.

I ordered the medium length one which is 3.69 inches, the short one that's 2.38 inches would be perfect.

It's a $60 oil change in that liquid hoarding bitch, and that's doing it myself. 4.5 qts Mobile 1 full synthetic at 5 x $10 and a $8 kawi filter

Use Rotel T6 synthetic oil and use a Fram PH6017A oil filter. It will cost about half that much.

Use Rotel T6 synthetic oil and use a Fram PH6017A oil filter. It will cost about half that much.

No and no...lol..a HATE frame, take one apart and compare it to a OEM and you will too, as far as oil I've been a die hard mobile 1 fan my whole life and I've had car that people can't believe the mileage I gottem out them of them, so I'll stick to my guns. My philosophy is, if its twice a good as it has to be I guess that's good enough.

going to leave this right here...

So Tim, are you an HD filter fan? Do you have an anti-Rotella video also? At least we can agree that you have good tastes in motorcycles.

I will keep that video in mind when getting the next filter, but I have heard alot of good things about the Rotella. Oil threads/debates can always be the most entertaining to read. I can be opinionated, but not when it comes to oil. I just want a reliably running motorcycle.

I'm not trying to preach from a soap box here, I dont have any issues at all with any oils (except quaker state but thats another story)only say ill stick to mobile 1 because i like it and its my go-to. But Frame filters i will try to talk anyone out of. Sorry i didnt have a kawi filter video but i did take the last one apart when i took it off the C14 and it was built simular to the HD one in the video.

Have I had personal bad deal with  Frame? YES. Once it was in a old beater 79 chevy truck i had, lost oil pressure and after A LOT of investigation we found the filter had deteriorated wemt through the engine and was clogging the pick up screen in the pan. Another time was in my 04 ranger, changed the oil and i always drain my filters before throwing them away after i did this i noticed it had somthing loose in it(kinda like a rubber ball in a can) so i too it apart and found half the filter media balled up and  rolling around in bottom.

I just don't want to see anyone ruin their ride over saving $5 on a oil filter. Sorry if you felt i was trying to be a dick about it but i really, really, really discourage from using them.

Edited by 2talltim

Sorry, all I got is the long x ram extension. Guess I made the same mistake you did, got the long one then ordered a shorter one.

Thanks for checking, i have to order a belt for my truck anyway off of amazon so ill be able to throw one on my order for $9 with free shipping. The one i have works but i have to pull it way back to keep it from hitting the windscreen.

I have tomorrow off anyone free within 2 hours of Ravenna Ill meet you

day off work? whats that?...lol.. i worked all weekend and i can only hope to get monday off for Memorial day but im not holding my breath. When i start my vacation on the 31st i will have gone the whole month of May with only 3 days off, have i mentioned ho much i hate my employer :nono:

Just gave myself a heart attack. Was double checking my reservations and got my Friday and Saturday reservation numbers mixed up.  Thought I had booked them backwards...and they are non-changeable. Went upstairs and got a drink...walked around the garage for a bit planning my tail of misery for when I called to beg...came back and looked at them again and they are correct.

For a few minutes, that sucked. Could have been a 200 dollar mistake.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just gave myself a heart attack. Was double checking my reservations and got my Friday and Saturday reservation numbers mixed up. Thought I had booked them backwards...and they are non-changeable. Went upstairs and got a drink...walked around the garage for a bit planning my tail of misery for when I called to beg...came back and looked at them again and they are correct.

For a few minutes, that sucked. Could have been a 200 dollar mistake.

Dang, I think I accidentally clicked negative vote when trying to hit the quote thingy :(

Anyways just wanted to say ur the hate machine with the blessing of weather gods, nothing bad will hit ya :D

Edited by NinjaDoc

Getting close...getting anxious!

Going to try to grab first place for the MI Tour of Honor this weekend...(shhhhh) before I leave for a long Euro trip Monday. Then, I get back and we ride!

Found my shirt, well i ask mama bear where it was and bless her heart she hung it up for me so nothing bad would happen to it, and so you know i hang NOTHING up even my dress shirts are in my dresser but she hung up the sore butt shirt.

Ordered the short arm for my phone mount.

When i get back from Deals Gap ill physically look at my oil and make a judgement call on how it looks.

Heavyduty has our hotel res. squared away...i hope....lol

Only thing i concerned about the weather is which jacket to wear. Touring Textile or Mesh, if it going to be above 80 deg ill bring the mesh

• Upvote 1