unOFFICIAL OR SoreButtapalooza to Mt. Rushmore.

Tonik

No objection to the tracker. YouTube linky broke or won't go mobile.

OR has something weird going on with you tube links and mobile. I think it is the ad blocker some of us run, yet youtube works from my mobile. Either way, it's Caspers fault.

Man, I can't wait till the 12th! After 9 cities in 7 counties, I'm finally home tomorrow...haven't seen my bike in 11 days. I have a 1000 mile ride this weekend, then going to change the oil and rebuild the front brake calipers on the FJR. I'm looking forward to riding with you guys and going "out west"!

I've been in Myrtle Beach the last 5 days with the family. Headed home now to load up the bike and head to the gap. Then I'll have a couple prep days for this trip. Getting my TPMS fixed Monday at the dealer and prob changing my oil on Tuesday.

Well, I finally ran proper wiring for my phone.  The Aux jack for the stereo is inside the left fairing glove box and the aux power cig thing is below the right fairing glove box so I had wires running all over the damn place. Put a new aux power jack inside the left fairing box then ran that back into the fairing along with the aux speaker cable then across the fairing support to the frame and up to the phone...which is on the center of the handle bars. Possibly the cleanest neatest wiring job I have ever done.

Weather looking pretty darn good. Some scattered minor showers Thursday Cleveland to Toledo. Maybe a scattered brief thunderstorm Friday up there. Rest is dry and warm and awesome.

Edited by Tonik

Practice run of 400 miles tomorrow afternoon. I have the bike packed with everything for the SD trip. Have a return 350 mile ride on Sunday. I am ready to go!

After this morning's commute, I have settled on heated liners and a mesh suit. I will have a rain suit to put over my mesh suit if we encounter some rain. That should give me a comfortable temperature range of 35 to 100 degrees.

Edited by Connie14

I really wanted to do this one. Didn't because the 13th is my young son's birthday. Now I'm in Dallas all week for work. This will go down as one of my regrets.

I had you pegged as a last minute addition. Shame man.

Day three route modified so we can stop at the Crazy Horse Memorial. For those of you that have not heard of it...it is like Mt. Rushmore but for Crazy Horse...and it isn't done..they have been working on it for decades.

New Route:  http://goo.gl/maps/CS6zM

Link to info on Crazy horse:    http://crazyhorsememorial.org/

We'll Tonic I finally figured out my INT issue. It would export to the card(F drive) and I could read and open it from the computer but it would not show up on the GPS to import. That is till I dragged and dropped them into the GPX file then all was well. My lack of skills. I'm too old for all this Tech crap. Gimme a hammer. Final prep this weekend. Hopefully the old girl is up to the task. This will be the longest trip that I have been on on that bike without my wife. 98% of the miles have been two up. Finally starting to get butterflies. My son in law is really excited. Will be his first long haul. Rooms booked and confirmed. Ya I'm frickin ready for this. Wild Hogs ain't got shit on us.

I have a nuvi 1300 series GPS Looks like there is no way to load these maps to it. If there is maybe one of you can talk me thru it. Cant wait to go the first days ride has me a little worried because I work close Wednesday night and will have to do it on about 5 hours sleep Red Bull will be my friend. After all the bull shit last week about my vacation I know they gave me that shift on purpose funny how all of a sudden I close every night till we leave.

I have a nuvi 1300 series GPS Looks like there is no way to load these maps to it. If there is maybe one of you can talk me thru it. Cant wait to go the first days ride has me a little worried because I work close Wednesday night and will have to do it on about 5 hours sleep Red Bull will be my friend. After all the bull shit last week about my vacation I know they gave me that shift on purpose funny how all of a sudden I close every night till we leave.

http://static.garmincdn.com/pumac/nuvi_1100_1200_1300_1400_OM.pdf

Looks like you can.

https://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId=%7B65814150-50b3-11dc-4ec8-000000000000%7D

Heavy Duty it seems as though you may not be able to. It is not listed on this link that Tonic posted. I searched and one answer came up is that waypoints can be exported but not routes from a couple different forums. Was not able to find an absolute yes you can. Maybe Tonic can chime in with help.

In the owner’s manual it is not listed as one that can get map down loads from a PC The 1300 nuvi I have is a cheap model I only paid $39 dollars for it on sale at circuit city. I got it for use on the bike in emergencies It gets me where I need to go one way or another. If I manually load the start and finish points and a few of our stops along the way it will almost always use the same rout we are taking. I will load those spots in to my favorites place just in case we get separated. Plus the memory is 95 % full and it is telling me to put a 4G microSD card in it but nothing bigger I do not have one that small.

Did a warm up ride this weekend. Left Saturday morning and stopped in Marquette for the night. Sunday brought 45 degree temps and fog for my departure, but I managed to finish my Michigan Tour of Honor...should get second place (finally). 1300 miles between the two days, easy riding. 36 degree temperature spread in one day and dodged a few furry critters in the fog. I'm ready.

Ok, to recap Thursday mornings plan.

On the turnpike, just a couple of miles west of I 77 (Milepost 170.1) kickstands up at 4:30 AM with enough gas to get to Toledo. If you are delayed, text my cell phone and give me an ETA. Assuming no issues we will roll promptly at 4:30.

Phil, if you don't have a text from me by 4:35 you will know we are rolling on time. Should be at your rest area at a little before 6AM.

Does anyone coming from Columbus want to meet at Milepost 139.5?  There is a rest area there and we could pick you up there at 5 AM.  It would shave 15 miles off your trip.

Who is staying at my house Wednesday night, I will PM you the address. I will get home around 5 pm. I should also mention we have one cat if there are any allergy issues, although Mrs. Tonik keeps a spotless house.

^^^^ Will be leaving 46 and 76 at 3:15 with first gas receipt. Will give us plenty of time to get there. Will shoot you a text when we leave. Pretty much ready except for snacks and drinks packed. Almost time to rock and roll!!