unOFFICIAL OR SoreButtapalooza to Mt. Rushmore.

Tonik

If i throw a sweat shirt under my mesh with the rain liner in, it can be quite warm. But the textile i have is water proof without having to piss with a rain liner, but is almost too warm above 80

I'm going to bring mesh and my thermal pant liner and heated jacket liner. That should cover me either way. I got a ton of room.

That's my plan also. Not sure if I want to bring my rain suit or rain liners. The rain liners on my mesh suit take longer to put on than throwing a rain suit over my mesh suit.

That's my plan also. Not sure if I want to bring my rain suit or rain liners. The rain liners on my mesh suit take longer to put on than throwing a rain suit over my mesh suit.

Thats the bad thing about my pants, the zipper in them  for the liners suck and gets hung up on every little piece of cloth. I sent them back once to have them fixed but i think they made it worse. Needless to say it will be the last time I buy Sliders brand gear from CompAcc, but i can't complain too much i only paid half price for them due to their screw up. If it werent for that i would acually love them, here are the ones i have.

Edited by 2talltim

Thats the bad thing about my pants, the zipper in them for the liners suck and gets hung up on every little piece of cloth. I sent them back once to have them fixed but i think they made it worse. Needless to say it will be the last time I buy Sliders brand gear from CompAcc, but i can't complain too much i only paid half price for them due to their screw up. If it werent for that i would acually love them, here are the ones i have.

I have the Sliders mesh jacket and Tourmaster air venture pants. The Tour master pants have about the same build quality as the Sliders jacket. I have had zipper and liner issues with both. Someday, I may spring for an Aerostitch suit.

I have the Sliders mesh jacket and Tourmaster air venture pants. The Tour master pants have about the same build quality as the Sliders jacket. I have had zipper and liner issues with both. Someday, I may spring for an Aerostitch suit.

Yea the seam on the zippers seems to be little too tight to the edge of the teeth. I can get them on with a little time and patience but it shouldn't be that way.

Both of which are in short supply on the side of the road in the pouring ass rain.

True that, I have a pair of frog toggs but I've never tried them on over my riding pants, usually have them for over jeans.

The zippers are such a pain, that I switched to putting frog toggs under my mesh suit. I do have a rain sit that will go over my mesh suit, and that is what I am probably going to bring. It can be put on in the rain way more quickly when the rain hits.

Edited by Connie14

Got bigger micro sd card in the phone, and I am increasing the music on my phone for upcoming motorcycle trips. I got the EZ Pass in the mail, so I am ready to go. I will probably zip tie my EZ Pass to my clutch reservoir or the back side of my ram-mount GPS holder. It seems like there would give a better signal than in a tank bag. Once in Chamberlain SD, I will remove the transponder from the bike to prevent theft. Can anyone think of a better way to handle the EZPass? After this trip, I am not sure when it will be used again, so I am not looking for a permanent mount.

3m dual lock (industrial strength Velcro) secures my EZ Pass to my brake reservoir. When I don't need it, I pop it off and store it...easy breezy. 60k miles like that with no problems.

The EZ Pass on my bike quit on me last week after 3ish years. Just got the replacement in the mail. Good timing and it's smaller than the old one.

What Phil said. I also painted mine flat black, it really blends in right behind my windshield with the black dash and the black strip on the bottom of the shield. Just don't paint over the numbers on the tag, they will need those if it malfunctions as you go through.

post-10994-0-79500700-1400808153_thumb.j

Edited by Tonik

I ordered 2 64 gig micro sd cards and 2 new batteries and a charger for my go pro and will loading about 25 hours of music to my GPS I put all my leather bags on the bike yesterday to make sure I would not get any last minute surprises. I’m going to mount the camera on a pole about 2 feet over my head and behind me so I can turn it forward or backward and side to side for a different view Also going to grab a six pack of Rock Star for the ride out.

3m dual lock (industrial strength Velcro) secures my EZ Pass to my brake reservoir. When I don't need it, I pop it off and store it...easy breezy. 60k miles like that with no problems.

The EZ Pass on my bike quit on me last week after 3ish years. Just got the replacement in the mail. Good timing and it's smaller than the old one.

Is that the same Velcro that came with the transponder?

Checked out my brake pads yesterday and ive got 50% left so should be good for a while.

Got my short arm for my phone mount today MUCH BETTER!!

Just realized my USB charging port wasnt working any more, cheap POS made in china crap. Rigged up a new one on my tender plug, good to go again.

I too need to mount my EZpass,   maybe work on that next week.

Still got the new rear tire on the shelf, originally i was going to throw it on when i got back form the gap but now i thinking maybe before cant make up my mind.

Oil will be done when we get back im at 2000 miles right now should be near 5000 by then, hell the book says 7500,  usually do it around 4000 anyway.

Edited by 2talltim

Is that the same Velcro that came with the transponder?

Yep. The foamy adhesive is tenacious and molds right into the contours of whatever it's stuck to. My brake reservoir has raised letters on it so initially I was concerned it wouldn't stick well, but I'm pretty sure I could yank the whole master off the bars before the adhesive would fail. The Velcro side locks together nearly as well.

Just something wrong with putting cow semen in a camel back...whhhhaaaattttt?

Cow's don't have semen, unless they just got some from a bull.

Edited by Tonik

Mounted the EZPASS today just went the stupid easy route, used the velcro stuff that came with it and mounted it on the inside of my windscreen just above my dash. Looks kinda hokey there esspecially since its white but i figure after this trip it will be a while before ill need it again so after wards ill peel it back off again. Plus i can just toss it in my tank box when it's not going to be needed. 

Also did a couple hundred miles on the bike today with my mesh jacket on and as long as the weather is above 70 that what im taking. Might think this is TMI but i also tried a different kind of unddies today too, found some Russell comfort blend athletic draws that are supposed to be quick dry and wicks away. Seem to be a good option for a warm days when swamp ass is imminent.