Motoseries

blue03636

F4iguy can take comfort in knowing that the bike kevvypoo is toasting all the haterade to has gone at least a full second faster at any track he's been on ever in its worst condition in any of his newer, faster, nicer looking, nicer safety wired bikes he ever ridden.    on Q2's.

F4iguy can take comfort in knowing that the bike kevvypoo is toasting all the haterade to has gone at least a full second faster at any track he's been on ever in its worst condition in any of his newer, faster, nicer looking, nicer safety wired bikes he ever ridden.    on Q2's.

True, ask him about me riding it at mido. :)

Ouch...the truth hurts.

Thanks for jumping in, bro.

No racing in July??? I hope that's not all the schedule, only 7 rounds? Any insider info on those talks at the banquet of a Summit Point round?

OMRL didn't have any July rounds last year either, and Kent's explanation was "everyone had plans July 4th weekend," and then the rest of the month is just brutally hot.  It gives everyone a chance to take a vacation w/o missing any rounds, etc.

Basically it just sort of worked out for the best that there were no July rounds.  I certainly came back with a renewed sense of "I wanna go fast."

• 1 month later...

Back from the dead....

Just got off the phone with Ron who just got off the phone with Todd....any interest in running a 1hr endurance race Saturday after the trackday?

And is anyone left in novice for the 600 sprints? or is it just me and shinynewbikenoexcusesronstoppable?  

There will be plenty of 600 novice racers, there always is.  And it's almost guaranteed that two super fast guys will show up out of nowhere.  Good luck!  Haha

Also, I talked to Todd about that idea the other day while I was getting tires mounted, and I'm not sure how I feel about it.  I like the idea, but I just don't know about doing it on Saturday afternoon.  Why not just do it on Sunday at 3:00?  A one hour endurance with the option of having two riders on one bike, or two riders with a transponder switch sounds pretty sweet.  I'm just worried about the substantial additional cost of doing one race on Saturday and then a full race day on Sunday.  We'll see.

Don't worry I have been working on some new excuses.  Here is my first go at it:

It's a new bike I'm just getting used to it (This should be good for at least three rounds)

I feel bad for Kevin because he never passes anyone so I went slow that session (Good for at least one round)

I had to shit real bad and couldn't focus (This could work for multiple rounds)

I ran the one hour endurance on Saturday and I was really tired on Sunday. (This will only work if we actually do the endurance racing on Saturday, but it doesn't hurt to plan ahead)

Regarding the one hour endurance on Saturday.  Todd was just throwing the idea out there as another option to get more people involved and keep the team endurance alive.  The endurance would only take place at Nelson as it would the most cost effective option.  If there is any interest please post up.  

I'm going to be tapped running the sprints and trackdays so my opinion doesn't really matter much.  I will say, I think the Saturday option would open the chance of riders with longer commutes to make the 1 hr race....where the 40 being at the end of the day on sunday makes it a little more difficult.  I also think a 1hr on Saturday would put the nail in the coffin of the 40 minute.

After tiptoeing into last year with the 750GT, I plan to run 600 sprints this year, and the mini 20s. Time to find someone at my skill level and be rabbits for each other. Not gonna get faster any other way.

It would be the nail in the coffin for the 40, and maybe the 20 too.

The more I think about, the more I don't like it. This all started because the endurance guys claim getting done at 5 on Sunday is too late. Really? We really have to be done racing at 3?! All this will do is shorten the trackday on saturday and shorten the race day on sunday. And cost us more money. And then the endurance guys won't show up anyway. Just my opinion. Im happy with a full trackday and my normal race day.

• Upvote 1