Had to get out...

ScubaCinci

My Nissan Titan is almost zero fun in the snow. As soon as the the wheels start to slip the ABLS (Active Brake Limited Slip) kicks in applying the brakes to the spinning wheel or wheels. If the wheels are spinning to fast for the ABLS it cuts power to the engine. With no switch to turn it off,  i think the only way around it is to put it in 4L and use the Diff locks. 

Man, that sucks... my traction control on the Eldo is pretty good, if i give it nominal throttle, it'll modulate the torque pretty well and roll me right along without any wheel spin, when i want to mess around a bit, i just hamfist the throttle and the engine will overpower the traction control no problem, and when i really want to mess around, the traction control can be disabled by a button in the glove box...

I could have easily driven in it with three of the four cars but I have the quad and the plow so why not. I have fun and plow the street too (dead end cul-de-sac)

I get sick of the city plowing the streets and pushing the snow into the end of the drive.  So I've been pushing the snow from the drive out into the middle of the street and then let them push it away or the neighborhood cars move it down the street.  :D

PS - we have a gravel drive as well...I'm constantly adjusting the blade to leave just a small cover of snow and not take the rocks down the drive.

Man, that sucks... my traction control on the Eldo is pretty good, if i give it nominal throttle, it'll modulate the torque pretty well and roll me right along without any wheel spin, when i want to mess around a bit, i just hamfist the throttle and the engine will overpower the traction control no problem, and when i really want to mess around, the traction control can be disabled by a button in the glove box...

Dont get me wrong, traction wise its great. But when i want to drift corners or other acts of parking lot fun the truck wants no part of it. 

My truck is this guy:

44532559.jpg

• Upvote 1