MMA Fighter may face charges for protecting his family and killing intruder? WTF

madcat6183

Obviously there's more to the story I am sure, BUT he was in HIS home when attacked, attackers had weapons, how could there be any charges?  And who in their right mind wouldn't do the same thing?  2 kids, fiance', future SIL who had just been beat up all in the house and you protect them and get charged?  WTF

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mma-fighter-may-face-charges-fighting-off-four-153200150--mma.html

all it says is there is an investigation and charges may follow....thats most likely standard for any case of someone getting killed....i doubt he will face any charges, and hes currently free - hes not being detained or anything....i would be shocked if anything further comes from this....just the media trying to hype it up even more and get people talking - which is obviously working for them

• Upvote 3

Not sure what the laws are in NM but I think that because there was a fatality in the incident, law enforcement has to do their due diligence and investigate it thoroughly. If it happened as the story outlines, I'd be shocked if he is charged with anything.

Butters wins ;)  And yes, I totally agree, it still has to be investigated, AND this is Yahoo, they are totally DB's for reporting actual NEWS, but I definitely wanted to toss it all out there and stir the pot ;)   Plus it's Friday, no work to do, and I want to take a nap. 

I'd like to know what the cause of death was for the one guy....Steven Segal style neck break? Karate kid style nose into brain cavity palm or roadhouse style trachiectomy?

We transported one from a street fight with the wrong guy (read big ass mother fucker) that died of cardiac arrest. BAMF hit drunk half pint douche so hard in the chest that his heart stopped.

Defibrillation by fist.

Reading between the lines at some other news outlets, sounds like maybe he didn't stop beating the guy until he was dead. If you are defending yourself and the guy goes unconscious and is no longer a threat you can't keep beating him.

And he knew them. There it's more to this story perhaps.

Reading between the lines at some other news outlets, sounds like maybe he didn't stop beating the guy until he was dead. If you are defending yourself and the guy goes unconscious and is no longer a threat you can't keep beating him.

And that is why you have a shotgun in the house and blow their head off or their chest out.........their DEAD. Of course an AR15, AK47 or a multitude of handguns work fabulously as well. And if the perp is armed and they enter your home to do you harm, they have lost all of their rights as far as I am concerned. Of course bloodsucking money mongering with no conscience defense lawyers see things differently.

This is why you leave no whitnesses.

Charged doesn't mean convicted.

Some of you are making legal defenses prematurely. In a perfect world, no one with a valid defense is ever charged. That's not where we live. Different counties have different procedures, but this could go down a number of ways:

- cops decide charges aren't warranted

- cops decide charges are necessary, but the prosecutor disagrees and nothing happens

- cops and prosecutors agree that charges are necessary, and he's acquitted at trial

- charges are agreed, and he loses at trial

- charges are filed, but he pleads to a lesser offense because he acknowledges he went too far.