2014 Int'l Motorcycle Show

Ryan_c_F

Thanks Ryan,

Appreciate your photos....especially the first one <he he...mine> Yup , there were a lot of nice ones there this year. I also liked the kawasaki in the builders exhibit that you show....and how about those NEW INDIANS....who'd of thought that they would start building them again.

To be clear, they're not "really" new Indians, they are polaris motorcycles with Indian logos. No part of the original Indian team is designing or building them, and they are so far removed from the original company that it's more like a tribute band than anything. Still, anything American to compete with Harley is cool with me.

Thanks Ryan,

Appreciate your photos....especially the first one <he he...mine> Yup , there were a lot of nice ones there this year. I also liked the kawasaki in the builders exhibit that you show....and how about those NEW INDIANS....who'd of thought that they would start building them again.

Wow -- that was yours? Insanely clean and a great-looking ride.

To be clear, they're not "really" new Indians, they are polaris motorcycles with Indian logos. No part of the original Indian team is designing or building them, and they are so far removed from the original company that it's more like a tribute band than anything. Still, anything American to compete with Harley is cool with me.

Pretty nice-looking bikes, if I say so myself. They've still got an insane amount of presence on the floor, and you can instantly tell what it's trying to be. I'm not well-informed enough about Indians to say if they're as good as the real thing, though.

They're every bit as authentic as new Triumphs.  

And every member of the "original Indian team" has been dead for a very long time.

They're every bit as authentic as new Triumphs.  

And every member of the "original Indian team" has been dead for a very long time.

right, Willie Harley and Art Davidson are dead, too but at least with Harley, they've been an enduring company... not just a name that has been bought and sold...

don't get me wrong, they look cool, and i'd totally ride one, but saying indian is "back" or being built "again" is really a misnomer...

Edited by magley64

right, Willie Harley and Art Davidson are dead, too but at least with Harley, they've been an enduring company... not just a name that has been bought and sold...

don't get me wrong, they look cool, and i'd totally ride one, but saying indian is "back" or being built "again" is really a misnomer...

Actually, They WERE bought and sold...I had one of them...a brand new 71 AMF (bowling ball) HD sportster 883...piece of crap. Broke down on the way to work 4 times in it's first six months I owned it. I got rid of it after the fourth time. Three years later bought the 74 Honda CB750K4 and never looked at HD again except in my rear view mirror(he he ha ha LoL) 

Ryan,

Thanks, I still ride it too.....not a garage queen.....about 825 miles on it last year.

Edited by myhondas

Actually, They WERE bought and sold...I had one of them...a brand new 71 AMF (bowling ball) HD sportster 883...piece of crap. Broke down on the way to work 4 times in it's first six months I owned it. I got rid of it after the fourth time. Three years later bought the 74 Honda CB750K4 and never looked at HD again except in my rear view mirror(he he ha ha LoL) 

Ryan,

Thanks, I still ride it too.....not a garage queen.....about 825 miles on it last year.

yes, the "company" was bought and sold, whole, as a company, not just a trademarked name, but a manufacturing business.