Man ruins stepfather’s motorcycle ‘in rage’ after getting Xbox shut off

Casper

He said he "acted out" and was "in a rage"...  I'm sorry, these are words used by bad parents to dismiss the bad behavior of their young children.  I'm not an advocate of "beating" children, but I do believe in the adage "spare the rod, spoil the child".  Junior is on a fast track to being a permanent guest of the state.

My dad would have kicked my ass the minute that the first remote was thrown.

I have more respect for my father than to throw things at him, but yes. I suspect that if someone were to throw a remote at him, that person might find themselves unconscious  and when they regained consciousness, find that remote in their rectum. 

• Upvote 1

Way before this event there were other events. Small little tantrums that were not properly addressed. You got to nip this crap in the bud. My kid tried the tantrum thing once when he was 15 or so. Stormed out of the house. I went right out after him in my robe and slippers. He never heard me coming, tackled him into a snow bank and beat his ass. End of problem and today it is one of his favorite childhood stories.

Sounds like a typical kid who doesnt want mom's new husband to tell him what to do, not to mention somone who needs to have their medication upped.

I do have to laugh at the part about the, "custom" '09 Harley being worth $40,000 though and about, "flooding" the car into the bike.  Im sure they will both be on Springer before long...

Sounds like a typical kid who doesnt want mom's new husband to tell him what to do, not to mention somone who needs to have their medication upped.

I do have to laugh at the part about the, "custom" '09 Harley being worth $40,000 though and about, "flooding" the car into the bike.  Im sure they will both be on Springer before long...

over prescribing dumb ass meds to kids with no problems in the first place is half the issue the young generation faces with its fucked up ness. What they need is ACTUAL FRIGGIN PARENTING

• Upvote 1

over prescribing dumb ass meds to kids with no problems in the first place is half the issue the young generation faces with its fucked up ness. What they need is ACTUAL FRIGGIN PARENTING

I concur...

there are some people who are depressed, there are some people who are hyperactive, but then there are some kids that just need to learn to listen.

• Upvote 1

Today's kids need a loving no nonsense father figure. They tend to be the authoritative figure that keeps the kids in line and tend to create good adults. My father has taught me many things in this world, including not messing with another man's property.

• Upvote 1

Today's kids need a loving no nonsense father figure. They tend to be the authoritative figure that keeps the kids in line and tend to create good adults. My father has taught me many things in this world, including not messing with another man's property.

You could say that to a dude who turned off his stepson's Xbox and got his bike run over. 

You could say that somone who freaks out and starts smashing his stepfather's bike AND THEN because apparently thats not enough, gets his car and runs said bike over with his car has some issues though.  Well-adjusted kids with loving parents dont do things like that.

When I was a young dumbass, beatings did wonders to straighten me out when I'd act a fool.  The step Dad went about it the right way for this day and age, but back in my day I'd have been bleeding from somewhere

When I was a young dumbass, beatings did wonders to straighten me out when I'd act a fool.  The step Dad went about it the right way for this day and age, but back in my day I'd have been bleeding from somewhere

I always find it interesting when people talk about, "beatings" and what wonders they do for keeping kids on the straight and narrow.  Even back in the good ole days, when hitting your kids was perfectly acceptable by society, you still had kids who grew up to be criminals and murderers.

Im not so much a believer that hitting your kids is the best way to discipline them.  Im of the school that spanking is the last resort of a parent who doesnt know what else to do and that it does little more than make the parent feel better.  My parents hit me from time to time but all it taught me was to do what they said because they said so and because if I didnt, I was going to get a beating.  To be fair though, my parents were more the, "do as I say, not as I do" kind, so they may not be the best example of good parenting. LOL

I always find it interesting when people talk about, "beatings" and what wonders they do for keeping kids on the straight and narrow.  Even back in the good ole days, when hitting your kids was perfectly acceptable by society, you still had kids who grew up to be criminals and murderers.

Im not so much a believer that hitting your kids is the best way to discipline them.  Im of the school that spanking is the last resort of a parent who doesnt know what else to do and that it does little more than make the parent feel better.  My parents hit me from time to time but all it taught me was to do what they said because they said so and because if I didnt, I was going to get a beating.  To be fair though, my parents were more the, "do as I say, not as I do" kind, so they may not be the best example of good parenting. LOL

Meh, not so much that it needs to be supported today but more that it simply worked for me.  Then again, my folks didn't just beat my ass and go on about their business, there was a lot of explaining as to why I was getting a whoopin' and why my actions cost what they did -- so there was always a lesson learned, but the ass kickin was just to put a stamp on it. 

And, like you said.....your parents hit you from time to time, and it did teach you not to repeat the mistake.....so you learned the same way, but "because I said so" is no lesson, they should've explained to you the differences

Beatings are always a last resort, and they are not effective if the parent sucks at the rest of the parenting skills. I think those of us that mention beatings forget all the other things we are doing. We pay attention to what they are doing, we are consistent with them. Yes means yes and no means no, always. The one time I beat mine which I mentioned above was the only time. But what it teaches, if done correctly is that serious f' ups have serious consequences. Even doing all of the above correctly there is still a good chance the the child will go way over the line, you need something in your back pocket to let them know what happens. A beating works really well. And to be clear, I didn't really beat him. I tackled him, sat on him and shook his shoulders and yelled a lot. But in his terrified mind it was a beating, and it worked.

Corporal punishment of a child should never make the parent feel better. Parents should never hit their children out of anger, no matter how much they want to. It should be a consequence for an action separate from any emotion on behalf of the parent. It should be applied not so much to inflict pain as to inspire a healthy fear of future consequences....I guess. I'm not a parent but I had 2 that applied these simple guidelines of discipline and I turned out somewhat ok kinda...