It's illegal to sell motorcycles on Sundays in Missouri??

Casper

Same with Indiana - no bikes, no cars, nothing with a motor.

And no cold beer sales on Sunday either. Ya can buy all of the warm beer ya want - just not cold.

Cold beer is only sold in liquor stores - nowhere else.

I blame the religious fucks from years ago when they came up with these bullshit laws.

^^^ill never forget my first Sunday in Indy and I went to buy beer to watch football and get to the counter and they said they couldn't sell it to me. I still feel bad to this day what I said to the cashier, it wasn't her fault they couldn't sell me the beer but I went on a rant disparaging the state of IN

And no cold beer sales on Sunday either.

Ya can buy all of the warm beer ya want - just not cold.

Cold beer is only sold in liquor stores - nowhere else.

It's possible they wanted to minimize the likelyhood

of a person popping one open while driving home

from the store.

It's possible they wanted to minimize the likelyhood

of a person popping one open while driving home

from the store.

Even weirder;

When I moved here , in 1985, it was not illegal to drink and drive. You could drive down the road, sipping a beer - no problem. You weren't allowed to be drunk, but you could be drinking. No open conatiner law.

The good old days...remember steel beer cans? Remember the magnetic Pepsi can lookalike you could put on your beer can while you drank and drove?

my grampa had one. Drove for the teamsters for 30 odd years after the war till he lost his butt hole to cancer and retired on a medical, not one ticket his whole life.

• Upvote 1

The puritan tyrany that made these dumbass liquor laws confuses me.  No alcohol sales so that I'd go to church?  You have to be kidding me.  No motor vehicle sales on Sunday is even more perplexing. 

^^^ill never forget my first Sunday in Indy and I went to buy beer to watch football and get to the counter and they said they couldn't sell it to me. I still feel bad to this day what I said to the cashier, it wasn't her fault they couldn't sell me the beer but I went on a rant disparaging the state of IN

Indiana deserves every nasty word you said.  You need not worry!

Just to compound the weirdness ...

Apparently, a hundred or so members of a local "Freedom Of Road Riders" group parked their motorcycles outside the Missouri state legislature to support legislation repealing the sales ban. Charles Jaco, from KTVI Fox 2 in Saint Louis, saw the bikes and posted a joke on his Twitter feed:

Charles Jaco (@charlesjacofox2) tweeted at 12:07pm - 18 Feb 14:

Lots of bikers on Harleys at State Capitol today. Assume #MOLeg finally getting around to legalizing meth?

Queue a month of motorcyclists calling, sending in letters and posting angry complaints on the channel's Facebook page. Two weeks later, he left the channel "to go write a book".

Edited by Agent3012